Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traded for this actually at the gun show yesterday. Henry H006C. Used, but it looks new, I don't even see any powder residue in the receiver or on the feeding tube. I'm not sure it's ever been fired. .45 LC, wish it was .44 magnum.

IMG_0656.jpg

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually picked this up a few days ago, but after taking it to the range yesterday and running it through it's paces, it's all cleaned up and ready for a photo session and then she's going on duty. My Holy Grail Pistol: Finally, I own one!

A very nice condition West German Walther PPK-L (L: Lightweight/alloy frame) chambered in 7.65mm. (.32ACP for us Americans). It handles and shoots as one would think a West German Walther of this time frame would...flawlessly. Proofed at the Walther factory in Ulm/Do. 1966 (Walther Ulm's antler proof). Stamped "Made in West Germany" under the mag release. I'd rate the finish as about a 96-98%. Bore is bright and shiny, internals are clean and well fitted; the action is crisp and smooth. And she is accurate!
For your eyes only:
View attachment 173141 View attachment 173142 View attachment 173144 View attachment 173145 View attachment 173147

As a fella growing up through the 70’d and 80’s, those ppk’d are fine machined pieces of art, sexy too. Long before ccw size weapons ere prevalent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Traded for this actually at the gun show yesterday. Henry H006C. Used, but it looks new, I don't even see any powder residue in the receiver or on the feeding tube. I'm not sure it's ever been fired. .45 LC, wish it was .44 magnum.

View attachment 174291
I have the Big Boy .357 magnum. The action is silky smooth.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Big Boy .357 magnum. The action is silky smooth.
Yes, the action is smooth and the trigger seems very nice. I've never had .45 LC before, so I don't have any reloading dies or components, and no luck finding any ammo anywhere. I might not ever shoot it, but unless someone has some .45 LC they'd be willing to sell or trade, it's definitely not going to be shot for a little while.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who was in search of a house gun. She's gun-friendly but rarely shoots. In my opinion, police trade-in Smith & Wesson model 10s are about perfect for this role. They're relatively inexpensive. You don't have to worry about remembering the safety operation under stress. Limp wristing isn't a concern. Mag springs don't take a set over time. It's pretty much point & click.

Prices have gone up everywhere, but I managed to find a good deal from an online vendor that I had used years ago. I replaced the grips with an old Vintage Industries set and we took it to the range yesterday. The finish is pretty worn, but the action is slick. It also has an alteration that I haven't seen applied to these before. The front sight had been milled off and a tritium front sight pinned in its place. They way that dot nestles down into the rear sight channel is pretty sweet (but difficult to photograph.)

10-6c2SM.jpg

10-6c4SM.jpg

10-6c6SM.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom