Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Marlin 336 i inherited came with a 1960's-ish Gibsons Dept Store scope on it. Shockingly clear for a budget ancient scope. Had the tall passive rings on it so you could use the irons. I had to take it off, bugged me too.

I just inherited a 336 Marlin with an old redfield scope on it. I have a red dot on a Henry .22 mag lever gun. The eyes won't focus on irons very well these days.

I'm certainly not old yet, but a freak accident has caused me to develop an astigmatism in my dominant eye. I remember laying in the emergency room when it happened thinking "well this is gonna screw up my shooting". Traditional Scopes and Prism scopes work great for me. @TwoForFlinching I was told that some people with astigmatisms cannot focus on red dots but can focus on prism scopes. My astigmatism isn't terrible, and my red dots are for close range stuff, so I don't notice a little blur. I find that on my pistols iron sights swapped over to night/fiber optic sights SEEM to work better for me than standard pistol iron sights. I swapped some dual color fiber optic irons onto the Henry, hoping that the contrast can help me use them better.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of Talon grip kits. Now these practice tools feel even more like the real thing.

IMG_6693.jpg

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy Toledo. Have not found much of anything to buy lately but the LGS actually has some primers. MR. 1 box limit but I grabbed one. In these times every little bit helps. I could have had some small rifle and small pistol but everything i use needs Large.
Grabbed one more bag of 30-30 brass as they are about gone. I have learned if you see it grab it because it won't be there next time. lol.
primer.jpg
All 22lr, 22win auto, 22wmr and wrf now gone. Someone bought the can of 3031 that had been there a while I had my eye on. And wiped out a good stock of RL26 and BL-C. He had a few fresh bottles of H322 and Super performance but I don't use.

Mostly just estatic to see an actual primer in the wild again,..... there is hope.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just odds and ends today..couple of 10/22 mags, .45 bore snake, .45 training laser cartridge, cheapo light mount and some 30-30 reloads.
I was actually pretty excited to find the 30-30 (C&J sporting goods in Bethany), didn’t even balk too much at the buck a round price. They had some factory 30-30 for about $50 a box. I was just happy to see some.
87AD50EF-8C89-4EE7-935D-292D21A7A7DE.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom