Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great minds right @Sted-E Ed-E ?
I also got a cool new case with some sweet goods inside. Immediately took it to the range, oiled it up and ran some through it.
I like it a lot. First FN for me. Haven’t had a DA/SA trigger in a while and definitely need some practice with that first DA pull, the SA is outstanding.
View attachment 196695
I’m jealous you got to shoot yours already! I’ll try for tomorrow. Only thing I don’t like about it is it didn’t come with a scar to go with it! I will say I think the trigger on my sigs with srt kits have a shorter reset but heavier pull. The fnx is butter smooth for a combat pistol.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up the Henry 22 lever off @Beau B yesterday, picked up some hiviz fiber optic sights today for it and cleaned it up a bit. I love the optic on it, but I’m torn between the wonderful optic and an always classic iron sights on a trusty lever gun. Jeez I’m excited to go shoot it. Hopefully tomorrow. Between it and my CZ, squirrels are about to have a bad year.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m jealous you got to shoot yours already! I’ll try for tomorrow. Only thing I don’t like about it is it didn’t come with a scar to go with it! I will say I think the trigger on my sigs with srt kits have a shorter reset but heavier pull. The fnx is butter smooth for a combat pistol.
I couldn’t wait! Lol.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up the Henry 22 lever off @Beau B yesterday, picked up some hiviz fiber optic sights today for it and cleaned it up a bit. I love the optic on it, but I’m torn between the wonderful optic and an always classic iron sights on a trusty lever gun. Jeez I’m excited to go shoot it. Hopefully tomorrow. Between it and my CZ, squirrels are about to have a bad year.
I hear you on putting the optic on a lever action, made my inner Fudd twitch a little. That’s a really fun optic though.
Felt the same way putting a scope on my 30-30.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you on putting the optic on a lever action, made my inner Fudd twitch a little. That’s a really fun optic though.
Man it’s such a nice optic though. Fixed 6x and the reticle is just perfect for a rimfire rifle. I might put it on my 10/22 But I’m hesitant because it gets shot less than the CZ and likely the Henry. Wanna use the optic more often than that, haha. I’ll just have to shoot even more I guess.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man it’s such a nice optic though. Fixed 6x and the reticle is just perfect for a rimfire rifle. I might put it on my 10/22 But I’m hesitant because it gets shot less than the CZ and likely the Henry. Wanna use the optic more often than that, haha. I’ll just have to shoot even more I guess.
Shooting more is always a good answer!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The Marlin 336 i inherited came with a 1960's-ish Gibsons Dept Store scope on it. Shockingly clear for a budget ancient scope. Had the tall passive rings on it so you could use the irons. I had to take it off, bugged me too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lol, life is ironic. We two so far apart in age. I can't focus on a crisp dot and you can't focus on crisp irons. It seems backwards
The inability to focus on a dot can be from several issues with the eye like early cataracts or astigmatism.
Cross dominance, and general poor eyesight can contribute to poor iron sight shooting. Both of these Iron Sight issues can be fixed with shooting glasses or an occluder that is used over the cross dominant eye and forces the non dominant eye to take over.
Using the occluder takes a bit of practice for the brain to make the transition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom