Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sean

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A MIO handguard.
20210403_120527.jpg
20210403_120533.jpg

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked them before, but wasn't thrilled about 4+1... But bass pro got this carlson's tube extension for a Benelli nova to me really fast, now I'm sitting pretty at 7+1. Fits like a glove, but does need slight modification to take out a roll crimp from the factory tube.

View attachment 198850 View attachment 198851

My Citadel CDP-12 showed up yesterday. Now I'm looking at the mag tube extensions.

Did you just grind off some of the roll crimp to get the extension to fit?

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Citadel CDP-12 showed up yesterday. Now I'm looking at the mag tube extensions.

Did you just grind off some of the roll crimp to get the extension to fit?

Yes I taped off and dremmeled the tip down just past the crimp, then used a sanding bit to clean up the burs. Was pretty straight forward. My shotgun has a 20 inch barrel, so the 8shot carlson's extends slightly past the end of the barrel. If you have an 18 inch barrel I would go with the 7 shot or get a long breacher choke. I had to sand the new follower just a tad to make it move smoothly through the tube, and used the new spring gives me 7+1. If I used the factory spring it would be 8+1, but the last round did not feed with much force and I was not confident it would be reliable.

Yours looks to be the same set up as mine just a pump so I would think the same extension would work, I used a Benelli nova from carlsons.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/carlsons-shotgun-magazine-extension

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I taped off and dremmeled the tip down just past the crimp, then used a sanding bit to clean up the burs. Was pretty straight forward. My shotgun has a 20 inch barrel, so the 8shot carlson's extends slightly past the end of the barrel. If you have an 18 inch barrel I would go with the 7 shot or get a long breacher choke. I had to sand the new follower just a tad to make it move smoothly through the tube, and used the new spring gives me 7+1. If I used the factory spring it would be 8+1, but the last round did not feed with much force and I was not confident it would be reliable.

Yours looks to be the same set up as mine just a pump so I would think the same extension would work, I used a Benelli nova from carlsons.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/carlsons-shotgun-magazine-extension

I guess the CDP-12 Force pump models come with a fixed choke because it isn't threaded for a choke tube . . .

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the CDP-12 Force pump models come with a fixed choke because it isn't threaded for a choke tube . . .
Looks like (from what I read) it's a 20 inch barrel, so the 8 shot might work. Here's what mine looks like less a choke. I don't think shot would hit it exiting the barrel, but maybe some powder residue over time.

16175581690375606164387334113234.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FIL passed two years ago. MIL from finally said to get the guns out of the house.
7 came home. Single shot H&R .410’s except for a marlin 336 30-30 I posted in this thread before.
We are cleaning out closets and drawers in anticipation of selling the home as MIL is in assisted living.
Found another gun in a closet yesterday.
Stevens .22-.410 combo gun that locks up tightly which is rare in my handling of those guns over the years. Late 30’s to early 40’s build because of the tenite stock.
The stock is tenite which is an early plastic. Has a tendency to crack in the forearm and true to form mine has two cracks.
10,000 were bought during WWII for USAF pilots as survival guns if shot down with short barrels.
Hope to find some walnut stocks that the original gun came out with.
Wanamaker would be a great place to look but I’m not going to wear a freeking mask all day.

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom