Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbirshooter87

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Palmetto State Armory AR-10 18” SS barrel and the super sem auto enhanced geissele 2-stage trigger pretty nice!

Attachments

• 50D53F26-491D-4205-9D14-2F76AED24DEA.jpeg
    50D53F26-491D-4205-9D14-2F76AED24DEA.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 79

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FIL passed two years ago. MIL from finally said to get the guns out of the house.
7 came home. Single shot H&R .410’s except for a marlin 336 30-30 I posted in this thread before.
We are cleaning out closets and drawers in anticipation of selling the home as MIL is in assisted living.
Found another gun in a closet yesterday.
Stevens .22-.410 combo gun that locks up tightly which is rare in my handling of those guns over the years. Late 30’s to early 40’s build because of the tenite stock.
The stock is tenite which is an early plastic. Has a tendency to crack in the forearm and true to form mine has two cracks.
10,000 were bought during WWII for USAF pilots as survival guns if shot down with short barrels.
Hope to find some walnut stocks that the original gun came out with.
Wanamaker would be a great place to look but I’m not going to wear a freeking mask all day.

View attachment 200498
View attachment 200499

Love those...I have my Grandpas which has the same stock (although I'm pretty sure his is crack free).

1911er

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
FIL passed two years ago. MIL from finally said to get the guns out of the house.
7 came home. Single shot H&R .410’s except for a marlin 336 30-30 I posted in this thread before.
We are cleaning out closets and drawers in anticipation of selling the home as MIL is in assisted living.
Found another gun in a closet yesterday.
Stevens .22-.410 combo gun that locks up tightly which is rare in my handling of those guns over the years. Late 30’s to early 40’s build because of the tenite stock.
The stock is tenite which is an early plastic. Has a tendency to crack in the forearm and true to form mine has two cracks.
10,000 were bought during WWII for USAF pilots as survival guns if shot down with short barrels.
Hope to find some walnut stocks that the original gun came out with.
Wanamaker would be a great place to look but I’m not going to wear a freeking mask all day.

View attachment 200498
View attachment 200499

That is a great piece, and was one of the first guns I ever owned as a kid. The stock wasn't cracked but prior to my ownership it had evidently been in a hot closet next to a furnace for years and had at least a 5° yaw to starboard. Really awkward to shoot because of that even though it functioned well. I thought about melting it back to straighten it but I couldn't think of a good way to do it at the time. I knew about the Air Corps/USAAF survival weapon, but didn't know the tenite stocks were '30-'40s. I assumed they were maybe '60s manufacture. Kind of wish I had hung onto it.

What did I get today? I had the privilege of walking in a big box store for the first time in months and getting my two box limit of .22 Stinger. Really, it was a privilege and I don't think that was even sarcastic.

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I left the house this morning, I the last thing I would've thought is that I would be bringing home a 105mm Howitzer inert training round. It's funny what we come across from time to time. A friend of mine called and said that someone brought in two of them, and wanted $30 each. I figured I'd take one. I've spent $30 on dumber things before. Besides, if I can find some way to display it, it might be a cool piece of décor for the gun room.

IMG-8539.JPG IMG-8540.JPG IMG-8542.JPG IMG-8543.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom