Anybody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badaugherty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think it is weird how landowners in oklahoma want to charge people to hunt anything. if they don't mind people hunting, than let some people hunt, but don't charge 2000 just to go out and try to get a deer, thats crazy! I know that I have said this in another thread already, but in Iowa they think it is rude to charge people to hunt their land. now there are a few people who are leasing up there, but they are looked down upon.

I really do not understand why if someone asks to hunt on your land (given that there are not too many people already hunting it) and they leave it in as good or better condition when they leave, why you would require a huge amount of money? Is it because they put that much work into not farming the land?

anyhow, I am sticking to public until i get back to Iowa.

Paying hunters tend to be better stewards. Too many cows have been shot, fences cut, gates left open and so on over the years. I just moved back to Oklahoma after being gone for almost 15 years and was surprised by how many farmers I knew leased their places out now and I don't blame them. You know who's hunting and they are adding some additional income to your bottom line. That said, I've never been turned away from hog hunting on anyplace except during deer and turkey season when their leasees are hunting. That's one of the biggest reasons I moved back was to hunt and also to raise my family in the community I grew up in.

badaugherty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing is if the word gets out that you kill pigs, you will be asked to kill pigs. I was called this morning and asked if I could hunt some milo and watermelon fields this weekend that are being decimated by hogs.

Reaction score
Man if you're by Bristow, just go up to the "Deep Fork" WMA which is in northern Okfuskee and southern Creek counties, I hear there's piggies up there, but never verified with my own eyes. Give me a shout in Dec-jan after deer searson is over and I'll run up to deep fork with you, since I hunt up near there anyways (but there's no pigs where I hunt).

Latest posts

Top Bottom