Anyone else make their own holsters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built a pocket holster for my 605 last night and after completely drying I think it turned out good for my first. I will get pics of it around lunch.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes but exposed hammer. Shrouded hammers are goofy looking.

I don't care how goofy looking something is if it works. Tools don't have to be pretty to work. But I guess that comes from me being in love with the Humpback (S&W Bodyguard).

ai687.photobucket.com_albums_vv240_oksoulman_pocketcarrysnubby.jpg

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care how goofy looking something is if it works. Tools don't have to be pretty to work. But I guess that comes from me being in love with the Humpback (S&W Bodyguard).

Nice Case, ugly gun. Is it DAO? My biggest deal besides the look are the ones that are DAO, if I wanted a heavy trigger pull I would have bought a Sigma.

Anyways here are the pics of the holster I made last night.

ai195.photobucket.com_albums_z288_SturgellatOSU_S7302470.jpg

ai195.photobucket.com_albums_z288_SturgellatOSU_S7302472.jpg

ai195.photobucket.com_albums_z288_SturgellatOSU_S7302471.jpg

It was my first time to layer leather and also my first time to use rivets. I need to work on making my rivets more symmetrical and the finished edges but other than that I think it came out ok.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice Case, ugly gun. Is it DAO? My biggest deal besides the look are the ones that are DAO, if I wanted a heavy trigger pull I would have bought a Sigma.

No, it's not DAO. It still has a hammer that can be cocked to fire SA, but the hammer is shrouded so it won't snag pulling it out of a pocket, etc. Has a really nice trigger pull to it. Better then your snubby I would wager.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The 49 that soulman has is ugly in terms of it's shape, but still a pretty gun due to it's good condition. I was impressed with the feel of it. Noticeably better than the modern 642's. If I could find a 38 (I believe that's the airweight version) I'd jump on it. I also think an older 37 would be great to have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom