Anyone Else use Mobil 1 for Lube??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure lube threads have been beaten to death on this site but I could not resist:eek2:

New convert here that has totally moved over to Mobil 1, 20/50 V Twin oil for all my firearms. The stuff simply stays put and works like mad, has hi temp tolerance and many have used it as long as its been out 15yrs or so, with nothing but good to say about it.

Anyone else use M1 ??

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used Mobil 1 for my SWD M11/9 SMG exclusively. I use it on pistols and ARs about half of the time now. Otherwise I use CLP. I'm sure that the boutique stuff has it's place and does it's thing, but I can't argue with my results.

Rob

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ok here's my thought: mass marketing is one of a company's largest expenses, its not in the product.

ie, ashless tc/w3 2 stroke motor oil adds lubricity into diesel fuel, thus extending injector life and adding much needed btu's to the fuel in the winter months.. do they market that? no... but it simply outperforms most of what you buy on the shelves for 10 X as much.. this is proven at a ratio of 200:1 tc/w3 outperformed MOST of the bottled stuff on the shelves that 'supposed' to help your truck.. tests actually showed that a good majority actually was more harmful for your truck had you just left straight pump fuel.. (but yet they're still legally able to put harmful products on the shelves)

my conclusion is, this stuff is better then rem oil, hoppe's oil, and the outters oil I was using.. I've only used it in Glocks thus far but I'm totally sold, bought a quart for $10 should last me for a couple years at the least..

I don't have the spec sheets on the oil but plan to do a small study in comparison....

interesting to say the least..

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used AeroShell 20W50 and BP Turbo Oil 2380 on numerous occasions for experimental purposes. Frankly, with the exception of really low viscosity of the 2380, it all seems fine to me. I use Mobil 1 when I lube my guns at home, I carry CLP in my range bag.

Rob

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have buddies that use it for their classIII stuff-BrowningBAR, M60Squad gun, and others, works well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb-33pagets I'm at time 3:57 shootin my Uzi, then right after me is a buddy shootin my Uzi with a 22 kit in it.

Little video of us shootin' when I lived in Houston.

For me I use BreakFree "LP" Lubricant and Preserative for lube on all my stuff....bolt action, semi-auto, classIII. Not the BreakFree CLP for lube, but I know people who do.

Mobil 1......good stuff.

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom