Anyone Else use Mobil 1 for Lube??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only use the mobile 1 on my metal guns. Had some malfunctions with my glock when using mobile 1. Not sure if it was the oil, but it happend. Went back to the militec and no malfuntions... Dunno, but mobile stays on the metal guns.

That is odd.. Had to be the ammo, or perhaps limpwristing it.. The only time I've ever had a problem with a glock it was my fault as I limpwristed it.

I originally heard about mobil one from a glock armorer.. been using it for 15 yrs.. O problems..

Yeah Glocks are Polymer but all the contacts are metal.... I don't have enough time using M1 to see the difference in the field.. But just from the first time applying it I was totally impressed with its application.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wondered if Slip 2000 was relabeled motor oil. Actually I wonder that about many lubes.

I doubt Lance was limp wristing :D

Has it been determined that one weight is better than another? I plan to switch to synthetic motor oil once all my Slip EWL is gone.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I use some SAE 30 oil I didn't have any other use for. Will replace it with Mobil1 when I use it up. Not sure what weight, but probably either 5w30 or 10w30. The SAE 30 is a pretty good weight. I can tell if it's really cold the oil is a little thicker, but not enough to inhibit function.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mobile one synthetic oil dropper
Here's an easy to make gadget, but extremely handy.

Mobile one or other full synthetic is an excellent oil for 1911's. Make one of these for your gun cleaning kit.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60246

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_dropper3.JPG

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally lube mine after every cleaning which could be 3-400 rounds or maybe more on my Glocks or if they look dry which they usually don't. I like em wet.

I hope you're only oiling as per glock specs if you like em wet like that.. Or detail strip at cleaning, otherwise you may have a ftf when you need it most..

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is odd.. Had to be the ammo, or perhaps limpwristing it.. The only time I've ever had a problem with a glock it was my fault as I limpwristed it.

I originally heard about mobil one from a glock armorer.. been using it for 15 yrs.. O problems..

Yeah Glocks are Polymer but all the contacts are metal.... I don't have enough time using M1 to see the difference in the field.. But just from the first time applying it I was totally impressed with its application.
:rollingla

You might want to do a search for Lance Jensen shooting. I really don't think he was limp wristing anything.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hope you're only oiling as per glock specs if you like em wet like that.. Or detail strip at cleaning, otherwise you may have a ftf when you need it most..

What would be the "Glock Specs"?

Why Mobile 1 specifically? I use a synthetic 5w30 on my AR and Garand, seems to work great, I thinks its Castrol brand. On my Glock, its usually a few dabs of MMC in the right places after cleaning.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How often do you oil your gun, after every shooting or regular time periods?

After cleaning, which could be a while as I like to shoot more then clean:puppet2:

on the same token when I get to cleaning I really get into it.. Matter of fact I just shot 500rds of .22 in my Mark II, S&W 19, and rg23.. That's gonna be a nice cleaning hr. I'll set aside time one day just for that..

Here's My Cleaning Method..

I use Hoppe's #9 to clean, then followed by household rubbing alcohol (to help evaporate residues).

Followed by Mobil 1 20w/50 V-Twin oil.

I use bore cleaners (nylon and brass)tooth brushes, pipe cleaners, jags with cleaning pads, and cotton swabs.. Be careful with the swabs as they'll tend to leave unwanted cotton where it shouldn't be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom