Anyone Else use Mobil 1 for Lube??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mobile one synthetic oil dropper
Here's an easy to make gadget, but extremely handy.

Mobile one or other full synthetic is an excellent oil for 1911's. Make one of these for your gun cleaning kit.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60246

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_dropper3.JPG

I do the same thing but use those little Rem Oil bottles. Works great.

To the OP, I've used Mobil 1 for quite some time but I have recently switched to slide glide and weaponshield. Weaponshield is the best product I've ever used.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would be the "Glock Specs"?

Why Mobile 1 specifically? I use a synthetic 5w30 on my AR and Garand, seems to work great, I thinks its Castrol brand. On my Glock, its usually a few dabs of MMC in the right places after cleaning.

5 drops of oil as per specs.

1) on barrel wiped around complete outer portion of barrel.

1) on inner part of receiver above barrel in front of ejector port

2) one drop on each side of receivers slide rail

1) where connector meets trigger

I've heard a lot of feedback specifically referring to M1 20w/50 V-Twin and have read some interesting chemical breakdown regarding its ability's, and why it's superior to any other gun oil. (I will try to look for the study on this as I don't have it bookmarked)

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you referring to primer contamination or firing pin channel fouling?
For primers check out this http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot39.htm

I like these littler oilers from Brownells, not free but get it right where you want it.

awww.brownells.com_userdocs_products_p_084038203_1.jpg

My weekend shooters are usually dirty and well lubed (wet). My carry guns are always clean and lightly lubed. More to keep oil and black stuff off my clothes.

I hope you're only oiling as per glock specs if you like em wet like that.. Or detail strip at cleaning, otherwise you may have a ftf when you need it most..

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would that have to do with an FTF?

If you over oil it attracts little bits of shavings in the striker channel which 'may' and 'has' led to ftf's.. If its a carry gun its a huge deal in my book, if its a shooter who cares? eventually you'll detail strip anyhow.. I know most people who carry glock tend to oil very little and some run dry as to not gather lint and what not..In my opinion personally It would take a lot to stop a Glock but who wants to chance it when its a matter of your life.

Years ago iirc and I'm not mistaken Glock had stated they weren't even necessary to oil. Today otoh they have their lube points labeled on the owners manual.

Rob

Latest posts

Top Bottom