Anyone have a glock 20?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm going to buy a glock 20 tomorrow and I thoght it would be prudent to see if I could get some feedback from owners of this particular model.

Please let me know the good/bad with this pistol. I know already that it is ugly, but 15 rounds of 10mm overcomes any visual qualms I may have with it.

Thanks.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one and don't shoot it much anymore. Ammo is pretty hard to find and expensive when you do. I will shoot it more when I get set up to reload the 10mm.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you reload for it, there's not much point over the 21. If you do reload for it, it's pretty hard to beet as a woods gun. Not too heavy, not too bulky and it really packs a punch, particularly if you fit it with Glock's 6" hunting barrel. Get a trigger job, a good set of adjustable sights like Dawson's and a match barrel from Bar-Sto or KKM and it will shoot pretty much as well or better than any other 10mm pistol accuracy-wise.

I'd opt for an SF and have olyeller do a grip reduction and stipple job on one. It's on my "need to own" list.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one for a short while and loved it, I would opt for the sf again in a heartbeat. Only reason I ditched mine is I traded it for a kimber ulta carry. Double tap ammo and an aftermarket barrel are well worth the money as well

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight fellers. I had a model 21 and it was a good shooter, but I didn't shoot it much because of my 1911 addiction. I sent it on down the road, but I've regretted it a little. I would like a Delta Elite, but I could get 2 model 20s for that kind of money. Ammo costs are not a concern considering the nature of my big bore addiction and reloading practices. I do like the power of that round and I was thinking of a back-up for my semi annual colorado trip. I think i'll buy it.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They also make the 20c (Compensated) that helps a little with the recoil. If you have big hands you can go with that one if not get the SF. On another note I have never had a ftf or fte.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a G20 and sold it. It was a fine gun and it manages the 10mm power very well, especially with a heavy wolff recoil spring. My only beef with it is that the Glock barrel lets brass expand too much. You can get another barrel, but I found that I lost significant velocity because the aftermarket barrel wasn't polygonal like the Glock one was.

So for me, if I were buying all my 10mm from doubletap and didn't care about the brass, a stock G20 or G20 with Glock's 6" barrel (polygonal) would be a great woods gun combined with a heavy penetrating bullet.

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom