Anyone have a glock 20?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockOutWithMyGlockOut

New to the site!
Reaction score
I've got one I carry when hunting/fishing. I feel warm and fuzzy when I have it.

Let all your shooting friends know you have it, it's amazing how many people used to have a 10mm and are happy to get rid of their leftover ammo that's laying around taking up space.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy an Advantage Arms LE .22 conversion kit to go with your G20. Well worth the investment, you can get a lot of trigger time with the G20 that way for not a lot of money.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Glock 20 and 30 and the felt recoil from the the 30 is more, IMHO. The 20 isn't that bad as far as recoil goes. The only thing negative about the 20 is the price of ammo, as its available but just pretty expensive. I have all the reloading dies and such to start rolling out some good stuff but buying factory for now for the brass. The 20 I have is pretty accurate and I plan on keeping it for the High capacity 15 rounds of Bang.... if needed.:D

Reaction score
I had one. Then I sold the upper and dedicated the lower to a Mech-Tech upper for a few years, then sold that whole unit.

Standard glock stuff. Good durability. Good reliability. Good capacity. But the other standard glock stuff too. Terrible grip angle (for most people), Cheap & cheesy sights, guide rod, mag release, & mags. Not sorry at all that I sold it and went to a Tanfoglio Witness steel in 10mm. Same capacity, but a bit more durable, better quality parts, a lot better aesthetics and grip angle. Costs a bit more too though. The Glock is fun and you'll like it, but I'd grab a Tanfoglio or old Smith & Wesson or 1911 instead, for a Ten - you can even get the Witness in a 6 inch "Hunter" longslide model - that oughtta produce some interesting ballistics.

Recoil, schmecoil. :) No auto pistol is bad after you shoot a .454 4" revolver. Model 20 is very managable.

PS. Someone is going to make the Bren Ten again, if you can wait around for that.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one. Then I sold the upper and dedicated the lower to a Mech-Tech upper for a few years, then sold that whole unit.

Standard glock stuff. Good durability. Good reliability. Good capacity. But the other standard glock stuff too. Terrible grip angle (for most people), Cheap & cheesy sights, guide rod, mag release, & mags. Not sorry at all that I sold it and went to a Tanfoglio Witness steel in 10mm. Same capacity, but a bit more durable, better quality parts, a lot better aesthetics and grip angle. Costs a bit more too though. The Glock is fun and you'll like it, but I'd grab a Tanfoglio or old Smith & Wesson or 1911 instead, for a Ten - you can even get the Witness in a 6 inch "Hunter" longslide model - that oughtta produce some interesting ballistics.

Recoil, schmecoil. :) No auto pistol is bad after you shoot a .454 4" revolver. Model 20 is very managable.

PS. Someone is going to make the Bren Ten again, if you can wait around for that.

You forgot to trash the Glock trigger! :rolleyes2

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy an Advantage Arms LE .22 conversion kit to go with your G20. Well worth the investment, you can get a lot of trigger time with the G20 that way for not a lot of money.

I'll second the AA kit. I have one for a Glock and it is an awesome training tool. I always end the session with at least 25 rounds of real stuff just to remind myself that there is such a thing as recoil.

1989outlaw

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my G20 , ammo is kinda rare and high . I also have a S&W 610 . Dont get to use either one much at all because 10mm is so pricey . The 610 seems to have more recoil with any given ammo , I guess because of it being a revolver .

Latest posts

Top Bottom