Anyone have any of the new 9mm "pistols"??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear that H&K is looking into bringing back there (94) MP5 pistols. They tryed to sue some of the U.S. companys and others for making clone copy's of H&K's but lost there suit because they are not importing or builing any here in the U.S. But from what I hear if and when they do the price is going to be in the $2,500 to $3,000 range.

I was mostly looking at these....

Last edited by a moderator:

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pros and cons between the Scorpion and MPX anyone? I have the Scorpion, but I am SERIOUSLY considering selling and going to the MPX.
Pros for the Scorpion so far is the low cost of magazines
The MPX just calls to me more than the Scorpion for some reason.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My cons for the MPX (and I really like the MPX). It's the first version, which means it's going to have some hiccups that later versions wont. Accessories aren't plentiful. The charging handle get's the paint chewed off if you don't baby it a little. Some people (at least with the early versions) had pins walking out of the lower when shooting. Was supposed to be able to covert to other calibers (not a big deal for me...I only want it in 9mm).

I like mine so far. I waited for over a year for it to come out. It's exactly what I wanted.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to follow this thread closely. Wilshire gun is having a sig event this weekend. They will have an mpx to try out if i remember correctly

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My cons for the MPX (and I really like the MPX). It's the first version, which means it's going to have some hiccups that later versions wont. Accessories aren't plentiful. The charging handle get's the paint chewed off if you don't baby it a little. Some people (at least with the early versions) had pins walking out of the lower when shooting. Was supposed to be able to covert to other calibers (not a big deal for me...I only want it in 9mm).

I like mine so far. I waited for over a year for it to come out. It's exactly what I wanted.

Hiccups? Have you had any hiccups with yours?

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hiccups? Have you had any hiccups with yours?

I've noticed, like many others, that the end of the charging handle will lose paint if you let it snap back when charging. I haven't heard of any breakage. Just doesn't look pretty. So when I cycle it, I bring the bolt back and hit the bolt release. Just one of those weird things you see in 1st gen stuff sometimes. Not a big issue with me.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed, like many others, that the end of the charging handle will lose paint if you let it snap back when charging. I haven't heard of any breakage. Just doesn't look pretty. So when I cycle it, I bring the bolt back and hit the bolt release. Just one of those weird things you see in 1st gen stuff sometimes. Not a big issue with me.

Ah, I see. I went and picked up an MPX this morning. There were 2 in the store. The first one he brought out I noticed the upper and lower were not aligned. I have seen that exact issue on a youtube post somewhere, so I knew to look for it. The other one (that was hanging on the wall) was much better. It mainly concerns me because I plan on getting the telescoping stock that slides into the grooves once released. I think the one that was not aligned would prohibit that from working. Ordered the KAK adapter, tube, and shockwave kit and a couple of 30 rounders from Sig (Good Lawd they are expensive).

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats!
Call Sig and ask for the MPX Essentials kit. 3 mags & pouch for ~$175, and I believe they will also give you a discount if you provide your MPX serial #.

Latest posts

Top Bottom