Anyone have range hours using a mock suppressor? (.223)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t see the point in real suppressors if you’re not going to run sub sonic ammo, and I dang sure don’t see the point in putting something on the end of your barrel just to “look“ like you’re in the cool kids club. :scratch:

My brother has 4 legal suppressors, and I give him hell all the time.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or just buy a real suppressor or just build your tacticool ar
F2DAF2D5-C663-464B-8A83-800EDF93F19A.jpeg

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t see the point in real suppressors if you’re not going to run sub sonic ammo, and I dang sure don’t see the point in putting something on the end of your barrel just to “look“ like you’re in the cool kids club. :scratch:

My brother has 4 legal suppressors, and I give him hell all the time.
Hearing safe is the point

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't be any worse than running a flash hider or brake. Everyone will know it's not real but I doubt anyone will care enough to confront you about it.

Might be beneficial like you say. I use a Noveske KX3 on my AR pistol and it blows all the concussion forward and makes the gun a lot more pleasing to shoot.
I was thinking the same thing. The extra barrel length was something I forgot to mention. I guess people use them for for regulations on SBRs. I been wanting to buy an SBR kit for my AR15 or my sig. I’m lot looking to please others, just myself lol. I’ve always wanted an SBR with a floating rail system that went over the suppressor. Just looks so good to me.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_1350 (1).jpg

The one I have pictured above is a "slip-over" type kinda like a shroud. The end of the barrel is at the end of the faux suppressor.

Or are you talking about one that extends the overall length of the rifle that the bullet would still have to travel through?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. The extra barrel length was something I forgot to mention. I guess people use them for for regulations on SBRs. I been wanting to buy an SBR kit for my AR15 or my sig. I’m lot looking to please others, just myself lol. I’ve always wanted an SBR with a floating rail system that went over the suppressor. Just looks so good to me.
You can't just screw a fake can to an SBR to make it a legal rifle. There are lots of regulations on how it much be attached to be legal.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 332105

The one I have pictured above is a "slip-over" type kinda like a shroud. The end of the barrel is at the end of the faux suppressor.

Or are you talking about one that extends the overall length of the rifle that the bullet would still have to travel through?
Ya, like that. Not looking to turn my barrel into Pinocchio lol. My favorite gun is an mp5sd and the only Russian gun I’ve ever liked was the vss, so I’ve always had a thing for the fat barrel look (no sexual innuendo intended) lol.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't just screw a fake can to an SBR to make it a legal rifle. There are lots of regulations on how it much be attached to be legal.
well of course lol. Wasn’t saying it was that simple. Just mentioning that was one of the reasons I heard people buy these things.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair point. I was just reading about the benefit of a mock suppressor and it was pretty much saying it helps the gun stay flatter as you shoot due to the added weight. I’ve never had one, so that’s why I’m here asking those who have lol. They are pretty cheap, 40 bucks so I figured that doesn’t sound too bad.
Put a small weight or sandbag near the end of the barrel and try it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom