Anyone here throw darts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you planning on doing soft tip only, steel tip only, or both? Usually soft tips range between 14-18g (16g being typical and recommended for legal tournaments) and steel tips 18-30. I'm not sure what weight steel tippers prefer to play with, but I think I would prefer something around 22-24g.

Not sure if that helps you pick a suitable caliber or just complicates things. What about .38 spc or .357 magnum?

Both. Steel and Electronic tip. I defer to your expertise on the Electronic tip so it sounds like 16g it is. Heavier is easier so getting up to 30 grams on steel is no problem.

Pistol calibers might actually be easier... I can definitely do .38 and .357 and stack then braze them together for the right length.

I'm thinking the cost on them is going to be somewhere around $24-$29 for a set of three. That's getting up there compared to tounament sets, but I don't think it's possible with the labor and parts involved for me to go any less.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if I can find it, I have an electronic board you can have, with 9 some odd darts too, all plastic tips though, it's a nice one that hangs on the wall and has doors that close...

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
18g is the NDA's standard for soft tip, but I understand a lot of local tournament rules state 16.

I'm by no means a dart expert. I'd be interested in a pair, though. $30 is almost what I paid for mine, and mine are far from fancy, so I think $30 for a set of functional and performing darts is a steal! You can easily pay $100 or more for a set of really good darts (good being subjective as a $200 set of darts won't make you a professional). I prefer a thinner dart for reasons mentioned above, which is why I suggested .38 or .357. If possible, they should be textured/ribbed/something for a solid grip.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if I can find it, I have an electronic board you can have, with 9 some odd darts too, all plastic tips though, it's a nice one that hangs on the wall and has doors that close...

That would be awesome. I could buy you a drink or something for your trouble. It's overwhelming looking at all this stuff, and how much some boards and cabinets can cost. If I get into it, my wife wouldnt mind me spending a bit of money, but some of those sets can cost what a gun does.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be awesome. I could buy you a drink or something for your trouble. It's overwhelming looking at all this stuff, and how much some boards and cabinets can cost. If I get into it, my wife wouldnt mind me spending a bit of money, but some of those sets can cost what a gun does.

Sounds good, I'll look for it and PM you if I find it, should be in the next few days...

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I played league steel dart game for years use to be 6 or 8 places to play in Tulsa . Haven't played in some time Baker ST.[ the sorta English pub near 71 & Memorial ] has boards up .

Spent some time in England complements of Uncle Sam had a great time but did not win many games over there Arrow games [darts] serious.

Last edited:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might even want to check on .30 Carbine for bodies. I like a thin dart. I'll mic mine when I get home.

Ahh! Good call. 1.3" long and close to .34" across the entire length. Slighty thinner than .223 across the majority of the case. Might be a little short but again stacking is an option.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh! Good call. 1.3" long and close to .34" across the entire length. Slighty thinner than .223 across the majority of the case. Might be a little short but again stacking is an option.

My run of the mill Accudarts are .320" in diameter on the main body. The Tungsten set is .275" in diameter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom