Anyone here voting Biden/Harris...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That doesn't really surprise me. A lot of Republicans have stated that they will wait until Nov. 3rd to vote.

My thought exactly - I don’t trust that a mail in ballot won’t be tossed into a ditch by some activist postal worker or stolen from my mailbox.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The argument that your vote doesn't matter if you vote "red" in Oklahoma because Oklahoma is guaranteed to be "red", doesn't hold any water with me.

First of all if enough "red" voters have that attitude and don't show up to vote it can cause the results to go the other way, especially down ticket.

Secondly, it could eventually cause this state to turn "purple" then to "blue" at some point. I don't think most of us here ever want to see that.

I was born here, lived here all my life, and I will most likely die here. I never want to see a "blue" or even "purple" Oklahoma. I can barely stand how liberal things have gotten here already.
To be clear... In this post I'm talking about those that are saying they don't need to vote at all if they would be voting "red" because Oklahoma is always "red" in a presidential election.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
whether you believe it, or not, is somewhat irrelevant. The reality is that a small number of voters who choose a third party presidential candidate in oklahoma are insignificant to the outcome and probably will be for a long time to come. And the same is true for deep blue states, as well.

Now, how that affects down ticket elections is a consideration, but it presumes the person votes straight ticket. Nothing keeps someone from supporting a republican senate candidate, or mayor or such. And there is also the fact that party matters less the more local an election.

It wont turn blue over night, so it oklahoma does go purple then a lot of things would likely have had to change in terms of demographics. Well beyond republicans voting libertarian.

It starts with 1 vote. Didn’t Reagan used to be Governor in California? Didn’t Virginia used to have no one attacking their 2A rights? Who would have dreamed Texas would be “in play” in a Presidential election. Every vote matters, thinking it doesn’t is what got us in this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be clear... In this post I'm talking about those that are saying they don't need to vote at all if they would be voting "red" because Oklahoma is always "red" in a presidential election.

voter turnout is a much bigger concern than third party voting. IIRC, working to mobilize 'your' voters is a much more effective (time/cost) strategy than trying to change someone's mind (i.e. winning independents). You don't want your base feeling so confident that they don't show up. But a state like oklahoma (or NY, Illinois, California, Mississippi) would take a lot of people doing that to change the presidential outcome for the state (but could have bigger implications down ticket, as you noted).

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It starts with 1 vote. Didn’t Reagan used to be Governor in California? Didn’t Virginia used to have no one attacking their 2A rights? Who would have dreamed Texas would be “in play” in a Presidential election. Every vote matters, thinking it doesn’t is what got us in this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every vote matters in theory, but not always in reality. Winning oklahoma by 1 million votes is the same as winning by 999,999 for a presidential candidate because of how the electoral votes are awarded. In swing states, or states that allocate votes differently than winner take all, yes, 1 vote starts to matter more and more. But a libertarian vote in OK isn't a 'vote for biden' no matter how much fear people keep trying to spin.

To be clear, i'm not saying that there shouldn't be vigilance about turning people out to vote or the direction things are headed. But a state like OK wont swing left 'suddenly'. Lots of things would have to happen/change to put it in play for any national election, especially presidential.

And California got those first gun laws thanks to Reagan signing the Mulford Act. The dems weren't alone in it.

Last edited:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thought exactly - I don’t trust that a mail in ballot won’t be tossed into a ditch by some activist postal worker or stolen from my mailbox.
For anyone not aware of it, your absentee mail ballot status is tracked and displayed on the OK voter portal.
https://okvoterportal.okelections.us/

Mine says ballot received, and I voted Nov 3rd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom