anyone in metro okc give Utah Non-res

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife doesn't particularily want to take the full blown course, so I would like her to have the option to carry with the least amount of resistance.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be interested in an OKC class also.

Please note that Utah has recently changed their laws so that as an Oklahoma resident you can't get a Utah CWL without first having an Oklahoma CWL. This does not go into effect until January 2012. I believe that Utah CWL licenses already issued will be grandfathered in, but the new requirement will be applicable on renewel (5 years).

So if you get your Utah CWL now, you should be good for 5 years and that will give you some time to decide how to procede (get OK permit, give up, or move)

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please note that Utah has recently changed their laws so that as an Oklahoma resident you can't get a Utah CWL without first having an Oklahoma CWL. This does not go into effect until January 2012. I believe that Utah CWL licenses already issued will be grandfathered in, but the new requirement will be applicable on renewel (5 years).

)

Now that is good info.

Was it utah that did not require firing? or was it somewhere else?

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So if you get your Utah CWL now, you should be good for 5 years and that will give you some time to decide how to procede (get OK permit, give up, or move)
One might consider getting the Florida CCW instead???

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be interested in an OKC class also.

Can you tell me where to find more details about this? I may only have a few days at the end of this year to get mine renewed.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I may not be correct. The legislation that I was talking about appears to still be pending. I can't tell for sure, I have a hard enough time keeping up with Oklahoma legislation. Following is a link to the SB36 that covers this:

http://le.utah.gov/~2011/bills/sbillint/sb0036.htm

As written it will apply to renewals on or after January 1, 2012. I believe you can renew up to 90 before your current license expires.

Latest posts

Top Bottom