Anyone riding the Doge train?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if someone had $2K and was looking for a long term hold (7-10 years) and was comfortable risking the initial investment, would putting it into Doge be just a stupid idea?

in my opinion, yes it is. Dogecoin may be used for payments and purchases, but it’s not a very effective store of value. This is because there is no lifetime cap on the number of Dogecoins that may be created by mining—meaning that the cryptocurrency is highly inflammatory by design. The only value it holds is due to supply vs demand. So if people think it’s cool and want to buy it, and there’s a shortage of supply, it has value. Once supply catches up, or hype dies down, it’s worthless. There’s no cap on the amount of dogecoins that can be created.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what’s the best thing to purchase right now?

I like this question. Mrs 788 gave me some permission to have some fun with some trading, stocks, cripto, etc. I opened a TD Ameritrade account as well as opened a Changelly account and have a Trezor Wallet that will be here tomorrow.

I think it would be good to have a thread for people to post up about the "hot deals" or cheap stocks to research and possibly jump into at this time. I know there are a handfull of guys that have a lot of experience with these types of things. Who's the person around here that has this knowledge on this topic?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what’s the best thing to purchase right now?
IMO, that would be Bitcoin followed by Ethereum. Fidelity is (or has?) starting up an ETF on BTC. It's becoming more mainstream by the day. I saw on Stuart Varney's show that a guy sold two bars in NYC and he accepted Bitcoin as payment. Also saw some investor chick who is now in crypto that used to be an investment banker saying that Bitcoin should be worth 8 to 10 million in 6-8 years or something like that. She may be right since there's a finite amount of it.

All the cryptos seem to be in a bubble right now but I'll be buying a little if this pull back continues much longer. It's so volatile it's kinda hard to tell really.

Dogecoin started out as a joke and there's an infinite amount to be mined. That seems to nix any value it could have in my mind. If you can ride the waves, go for it, just don't plan on it being another BTC long term. :twocents:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Ethereum has gone up and up, and has gained ground on BTC pretty well over the last couple of weeks. It's definitely been a big gainer over the last year - unfortunately I didn't get into it that long ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom