Anyone seen this 38spl ammo before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not seen that one. Although I was once given some old Winchester 12ga buckshot that was labeled “ law enforcement use only” etc.. given to me by a family friend who is an older retired LEO. It kicked like a mule!!! it was significantly more stout than your run-of-the-mill buckshot

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not seen that one. Although I was once given some old Winchester 12ga buckshot that was labeled “ law enforcement use only” etc.. given to me by a family friend who is an older retired LEO. It kicked like a mule!!! it was significantly more stout than your run-of-the-mill buckshot
A State Trooper, friend of my uncle gave me some buckshot labeled like that to shoot when I was a youngster. My Uncle and him got a good laugh when it put me on my backside and left a bruise for several weeks on my shoulder. I was kinda perturbed over it.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+P is an industry spec. SAAMI sets the parameters.

"Pressure levels exceed industry standards" means it's hotter than +P.[/I]

While +P is a standard it only denotes additional pressure above the standard loading NOT how much pressure which is why I said earlier there is NO uniformity across the industry on what +P actually is and there is a lot of good testing evidence to that fact. Some +P is in fact not any faster / has more energy than standard loadings and some is quite a bit hotter.

For those ignorant of ammunition and how its loaded more pressure doesn't necessarily mean more oomph out the barrel .

True story

Last edited:

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While +P is a standard it only denotes additional pressure about the standard loading NOT how much pressure which is why I said earlier there is NO uniformity across the industry on what +P actually is and there is a lot of good testing evidence to that fact. Some +P is in fact not any faster / has more energy than standard loadings and some is quite a bit hotter.

For those ignorant of ammunition and how its loaded more pressure doesn't necessarily mean more oomph out the barrel .

True story
But can result in money flying out of wallet for broken parts and in most severe cases medical expenses…. Remember ammo called SUPER VEL?

Latest posts

Top Bottom