Apology to All of You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
JB, one eventually comes to an understanding with one's self. Being a 'libertarian' is very difficult. Not because it's wrong, but largely because you see the inherent hipocricy in both the Democrat and Republican parties and constantly have to fight those who falsely carry the banner of democracy and republicanism.

Those parties trumpet freedom, claim to be here to defend it, and make a big show of 'helping' you protect it. Let's face it, Republicans talk big about, but are failing on, the right to bear arms, promote the squashing of fourth amendment, and love the freedom of religion... as long as it's THEIR religion. Yours can just burn in hell. Democrats just love the freedom of speech, praise the fourth amendment, but believe the second amendment is evil and the freedom of religion is an impediment to their personal lives.

Let's take an example: Gay marriage. Democrats praise it as the government doing the right thing. Republicans condemn it as their personal religions teach against it. What Republicans and Democrats SHOULD be worried about is that the government has anything to do with marriage in the first place. Marriage is an idea based on religion and should be left that way. If two, free people wish to enter a legal contract, they may do so. Be it to buy a car or enter a partnership to combine their property. If, for instance, an insurance company wishes to give a discount based on that, that's their business and their business alone.

Based on Constitutionality and the basic precepts of liberty, there should be no such thing as social liberalism. The 10th amendment leaves these choices to us.

This is a hard road to travel, JB, when everyone around you doesn't get it.

Last edited:

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB, one eventually comes to an understanding with one's self. Being a 'libertarian' is very difficult. Not because it's wrong, but largely because you see the inherent hipocracy in both the Democrat and Republican parties and constantly have to fight those who falsely carry the banner of democracy and republicanism.

Those parties trumpet freedom, claim to be here to defend it, and make a big show of 'helping' you protect it. Let's face it, Republicans talk big about, but are failing on, the right to bear arms, promote the squashing of fourth amendment, and love the freedom of religion... as long as it's THEIR religion. Yours can just burn in hell. Democrats just love the freedom of speech, praise the fourth amendment, but believe the second amendment is evil and the freedom of religion is an impediment to their personal lives.

Let's take an example: Gay marriage. Democrats praise it as the government doing the right thing. Republicans condemn it as their personal religions teach against it. What Republicans and Democrats SHOULD be worried about is that the government has anything to do with marriage in the first place. Marriage is an idea based on religion and should be left that way. If two, free people wish to enter a legal contract, they may do so. Be it to buy a car or enter a partnership to combine their property. If, for instance, an insurance company wishes to give a discount based on that, that's their business and their business alone.

Based on Constitutionality and the basic precepts of liberty, there should be no such thing as social liberalism. The 10th amendment leaves these choices to us.

This is a hard road to travel, JB, when everyone around you doesn't get it.

You got that right.

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I don't know what to say. When you first started posting on this board, I was pissed because it seemed like you were just trolling the membership here. It quite frankly became so irritating to me that I stopped posting and reading the board on a regular basis. I don't have a problem with differing opinions, but like you said, many of your posts were in a mocking manner and that was what irritated me.

It became apparent later that you were a pretty good guy and had many friends here. We need more like you on this board. People willing to admit when they are wrong (or when they think they are wrong).

ETA-Of course I'm waiting for the "Just kidding! Suckers!!" post....

Latest posts

Top Bottom