Apology to All of You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words. People like eich don't bother me. He doesn't like me. He has that right. However, the way in which he chose to express that demonstrates his own self misery and is an attitude that is responsible for the polarization of our country. I'd submit to you all that he is just one side of a counterfeit coin. The other being the stereotypical East/West Coast liberal elite. When you distill it down, he is no different from an intolerant liberal. Kinda like the difference between a hog and a pig. They may technically be different, but they both roll around in their own s**t.

This has nothing to do with this thread... I love your join date... I know the first person to join this forum heck you may know him as well...

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a real nice comment all ready to post for ya JB. Then reality set in. I am currently in Tok, Alaska. It's 43 degrees below zero and the electric engine heater in my truck died. So ever 2 hours I gotta start it up and let it run.

Violence and extreme cold are a lot alike. Both will kill you dead if you're unprepared. Right now I feel like this cold is just gonna jump up and snatch me back to heaven. The violence I can prepare for but sadly you never know when it will raise it's ugly head.

I just don't like that the government thinks we can't be trusted to protect ourselves. I had a long conversation with a tow truck drive in Iskut, British Columbia two days ago. He explained the long drawn out process he had to go through to get his Glock 17. Even after all of that he is only allowed to take his Glock to or from the gun club shooting range that he must be a member of. When it's at home it must be secured with a trigger lock or in the gun safe.

I asked him if something bad happened how long would it take the RCMP to get there. He said the fastest that they have ever made it to an emergency call in his community was 2 hours.

We cannot let our government take away our ability to protect ourselves and be self reliant. Keep up the fight!!!

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, Jack
If you're not careful, you'll freeze to death in the position of Rodin's "The Thinker"
Pretty profound if you know the context.
Otherwise, it's sort of like "Guy Taking A Crap"

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, Jack
If you're not careful, you'll freeze to death in the position of Rodin's "The Thinker"

Most of the world's most profound thinkers have done their best work while taking a crap.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough. You've won Books's heart from me, and naturally you have to rub it in. I'd probably do the same if I were in your position.

We did not win his heart, the gun grabbers threw away his vote. Besides he is a lawyer, he has no heart. :D

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, Jack

Coming around the lake at Destruction Bay I had to take a pee. With the wind chill it was -57. If you pee into the wind little frozen pee pellets hit you in the face. Makes clean up a breeze.....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JB I too have, as of yesterday's press conference, changed my mind about Obama.

I didn't even see his statement, I only caught the Q&A session with the press afterwards. Before yesterday I was of the opinion that he wasn't as smart as he's made out to be by the press, that he's been "in over his head" due to lacking having ever had a job of any substance, and just generally way over-rated. I was of the opinion that he didn't have the capacity to pull off thinking strategically, or in a systemic or philosophical way. IOW I didn't think he had the capacity to think "presidentially". Now I know that he really is "operating" on a much higher level than the media. He has a plan and all this time I just thought he had an "end game" in mind without a clue as to how to get there.

Yesterday hearing his answers on the CT shooting, gun control and the fiscal cliff it finally hit home. Not only does he have a plan he's got multiple avenues of achieving it. The fiscal cliff is a perfect example and I fear that he is going to use the same exact tactic with a new AWB. That deal with Reid today was a necessity to keep the panic down. If he came across as going to stuff it down our throats (like health care) in a month or less he'd have to fight off the NRA, the Tea Party, the repubs and some of his own dems. He knows he can't win that.

But I now know that he is an exquisitely gifted politician, and knows how to achieve what he's going for and can formulate a plan for getting there. He's a master at "playing people". Hell he's even played the Clintons like a friggin fiddle. The most frustrating part of all this is that the repubs having absolutely no spine allows ALL of this to happen and I don't see it changing soon. I'm truly scared for our country now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom