Appendix carry pros/cons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pro: it’s pretty comfortable and a great way to conceal.

Con: you could shoot your dick off.
YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR DICK OFF!
1704920996912.png

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested in the holster for your J frame. I've got (well, actually my wife has) an airweight 642. Point me in a direction of what ya got.
two best holsters I've had for appendix j frame carry are tulster and phlster city special, I run my 442 in the tulster, had to get the phlster for my 340pd, both are comfortable and worn frequently with everything from gym shorts to dress slacks. for my 365 AIWB I love the crossbreed holsters rogue series

Reaction score
Feel free to beat me up over this one. But, I would like to learn something in the process. Seems most of the apprehension toward appendix carry position is due to negligent discharge of the firearm. I can wrap my mind around this during drawing and holstering. Due to not clearing a cover garment or what have you. However, growing up we have all heard the stories of "the gun just went off." This is something I have never had happen to me btw. But, Speaking in the vein of a modern "quality" firearm, has anyone had an experience with this? I understand the comfort being better with a revolver vs others, due to the lack of stored energy(hammer at rest). I'm more proficient with my 365 vs the 642. Thoughts? Sorry if I didn't articulate this well.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before the boating accident (the whole safe sank), I carried at 4:00 Position. Worked well for me getting in and out of my vehicle, and lends to a smooth draw. Like Holster Jackets and Shoulder Holsters too. I'm thin enough to Appendix Carry, just seems to carry a Semi Compact or Full Size Pistol and A Mag easier.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Competitions, Classes, and commercial ranges generally ban drawing from crossdraw, appendix, or any holster that tends to sweep yourself or others. There can be problems with getting insurance.
As to the gun "just going off" I have kept cocked guns lying on shelves, and they don't just fire themselves. However, I do know people who have managed to pull triggers while trying to adjust very concealed guns (one in a food court at lunch).
Another con: can be a slow draw when seated, especially belted in a vehicle.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, any Sig 320 owners appendix carry???? Anyone? No? Because you'll shoot your dick off.
Only if you have a select run of Sig PD (Blueline series) gun where the FCUs were being made overseas, and there was a defect with the firing pin retainer, nearly exact same internal design as the 365 and never shot my dick off.

-Not a sig fanboy just intrigued on why it was only LEO guns doing this then went down the rabbit hole

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only if you have a select run of Sig PD (Blueline series) gun where the FCUs were being made overseas, and there was a defect with the firing pin retainer, nearly exact same internal design as the 365 and never shot my dick off.

-Not a sig fanboy just intrigued on why it was only LEO guns doing this then went down the rabbit hole
All I'm saying is if anyone owns a gun with a reputation of whoosey doodle discharges, I would extra definitely not appendix carry :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom