Appendix carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I appendix carry. At two o'clock. In my front pocket. No problem. :cool:
What gun? What’s your time for first shot on a 3x5 card sized target at 3-5 yards? I sometimes pocket carry as well but it’s a lot slower and harder to reach than AIWB.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What gun? What’s your time for first shot on a 3x5 card sized target at 3-5 yards? I sometimes pocket carry as well but it’s a lot slower and harder to reach than AIWB.
G48. I've never been on a timer with this exact set up.

I always wear long tail shirts untucked. The entire gun grip is out of the pocket just like it would be out of the waistband with IWB/OWB carry. I carried a j-frame this way for a few years before I switched to the G48. It's what I call modified pocket carry.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
G48. I've never been on a timer with this exact set up.

I always wear long tail shirts untucked. The entire gun grip is out of the pocket just like it would be out of the waistband with IWB/OWB carry. I carried a j-frame this way for a few years before I switched to the G48. It's what I call modified pocket carry.
No holster at all?

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Of course there's a holster.
Cool. Had me worried there for a minute. We all choose whether or not to carry and what method to use. I’d be curious how that method works for a first shot on target like we might experience in real life. I sometimes pocket carry and j frame and even when starting with hand in pocket on gun it’s pretty slow. The good thing is walking with hand in my pocket is pretty socially acceptable.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I finally found this old photo of my pocket carry with the j-frame. I now carry my G48 like this.
20180923_122925.jpg

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Comfort of the carry also depends on waist size of you trousers and how tight you pull your belt. If IWB is a 'new' act it requires some adjustment of both. Regardless of position of carry. Yes, I AIWB on occasion, Shield 1.0.

Latest posts

Top Bottom