Appleseed at Badlands Tactical, April 30 - May 1, 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Greetings shooters!

We have another great Appleseed marksmanship clinic planned for you coming up on April 30 and May 1. This event will be held at the outstanding Badlands Tactical Training Facility in Grandfield, OK. For those of you who haven't been, Badlands has a known distance range with steel silhouettes out to 1000 yards. We always put this range to full use when Appleseed is invited out. We have had some really outstanding events at this range in the past, and I suspect this will be another. A big thanks to Bobby Whittington for letting us use his range, and for supporting our mission all these years.

We always teach full distance shooting techniques, whether we have the facilities to shoot at distance or not, but this event is a great chance to see that the fundamental skills Appleseed teaches really do work at actual distance. It is a great chance to test what you and your rifle are capable of and to get some valuable feedback.

At our last Badlands event in November, we ran a full-distance Army Qualification Test. We should be able to do the same at this event.

Don't fret if you only have a rimfire... we shoot 25m targets all day Saturday and half of Sunday, so you will have plenty opportunity to pick up the skill set and earn our Rifleman's patch on the 25m AQT. And if you stick around after we move to the full distance range on Sunday afternoon, we instructors are always happy to let you try out some of our center fire rifles out to 1000 yards. The end of Sunday afternoon usually turns into a rifle-swapping session and free-for-all on the steel, for those who stick around.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... nobody teaches the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship better than Appleseed. Whether you are a new or experienced shooter, you will get a lot out of the class. We are very familiy friendly. There is no better place to introduce a child or a new shooter to the rifle... we provide a safe environment supervised by experienced and knowledgeable instructors. If you are experienced, the constant drilling on the fundamentals and coaching by other experienced marksmen will drive the fundamentals into your muscle memory even better. Experienced shooters are always surprised at how much they take away from the course.

Appleseed is a run-what-you-brung event... we welcome any safe rifle. A mag-fed semi auto is ideal for our course of fire, but anything will do. If at all possible, try to make sure your rifle has an adjustable sling, because using the sling as a marksmanship aid is a big part of the instruction.

Appleseed teaches traditional unsupported field positions, and shoot the old Army Qualification Test course of fire. We train on fundamentals that apply to any discipline of shooting, and will make you a better hunter, competitor, or defender of life and liberty. Appleseed is a great basis for any other class you want to take, such as any of those offered by Bobby at Badlands (he runs a sniper school, among other classes). For more info on this, see http://www.badlandstactical.net/ .

To register for the Appleseed: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1377190213

For info on this event: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21009.0

As always, PM me or RWVA Shooter with any questions, concerns, or anything else you need.

You will miss out bigtime if you don't come to this event. Register now!

Twitch

New to the site!
Reaction score
New member here, sounds like an excellent program to be a part of, I will be there if circumstances allow. Will know shortly and will send messages or make calls as needed to register.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have another commitment on the 30th. Would just the second day be kosher or must you attend both days. I'm itching to get on a 1000 yd range.

Mike

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike, everything Glockcop said is correct... you are welcome to come on Sunday only. We will shoot a few zeroing groups in the morning and do a little review of the skills, then get right into shooting Army Qualification Tests... so hopefully you're a quick learner! Depending on the instructor/student ratio, we may be able to have an instructor take you aside and work with you individually while the others are shooting 25m AQTs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom