Appleseed shooting at H&H this Wednesday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy everybody...

for those that don't know, I am the Oklahoma State Coordinator for the Appleseed Project. I will be at the H&H gun range in Oklahoma City this Wednesday, June 23 at 5:30 until 9. I will be with a small group of other Appleseed instructors and participants, shooting 25m Army Qualification Tests. This is a great time to come out and see what Appleseed is all about, and get a little preview of what an Appleseed marksmanship clinic is like. Also, see how you stack up on the AQT! I'll be providing targets and renting a few lanes, so come hang out and shoot. Bring a semi-automatic rifle (preferably with a sling) and at least two magazines. .22s are fine. I have a couple loaner rifles if you don't have one.

I have black hair, a beard, will be wearing a red RWVA cap, and answer to "Daniel." I will be on one of their rifle ranges. I hope to see some of you out there. PM me if you're planning on coming out and want my phone number, or if you have any Appleseed questions.

A word about Appleseed: we are a non-profit, all-volunteer organization that is dedicated to preserving the heritage of marksmanship and honoring the veterans of the Revolutionary War. No one teaches the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship better. Check out our website at www.appleseedinfo.org/smf.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always wanted to attend an appleseed shoot but unfortunately there is always something else interfering.
Once again, :hellno: I have class on Wednesday's from 6-10pm. I will make one at some point!

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Henschman,
Anything else planned in OK this year?
I am looking at MO or KS this fall to attend one, but would love to keep my money okiefied?
Also, I would love to have the same setup in Tulsa!
Thanks for what you do,
EFsDad

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next shoot will be Chickasha in August... it isn't on the official schedule yet, since we are waiting on final approval for the date from the landowner. As soon as its official it will be posted on this forum, and of course it will be on the list of events on the Appleseed website. There are several other Oklahoma shoots in the works, as well... we should be having another Badlands shoot pretty soon, and we have some others planned for this fall. Yes, a Tulsa shoot is in the works, and hopefully will come on line soon.

There is a week-long Rifleman's Boot Camp in Eureka, KS on July 10-18, the last 2 days of which are a regular Appleseed. Eureka is in Southern Kansas -- not too bad of a drive at all. They have monthly Appleseeds there.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next shoot will be Chickasha in August... it isn't on the official schedule yet, since we are waiting on final approval for the date from the landowner. As soon as its official it will be posted on this forum, and of course it will be on the list of events on the Appleseed website. There are several other Oklahoma shoots in the works, as well... we should be having another Badlands shoot pretty soon, and we have some others planned for this fall. Yes, a Tulsa shoot is in the works, and hopefully will come on line soon.

There is a week-long Rifleman's Boot Camp in Eureka, KS on July 10-18, the last 2 days of which are a regular Appleseed. Eureka is in Southern Kansas -- not too bad of a drive at all. They have monthly Appleseeds there.

Yeah I checked out Eureka near Witchita, but July 10-18 :hot:

Like I said in my earlier post, I want to keep my monies okiefied if at all possible.
It is my version of sustainability for local/state.
Please keep me informed as I really want to do this!!!
Thanks again for your assistance,
EFsDad

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're welcome, and we just finalized the date for the next Oklahoma shoot. It will be near Chickasha on August 7-8. It hasn't been opened for registration by the admin folks yet, but as soon as it is, I will make another post with a link.

It will doubtlessly be pretty hot as well, but you'll be glad to hear that this location has a large clear-water, spring-fed pond right next to the range that will be available for swimming and fishing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom