ar hiccup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntermett

Marksman
Reaction score
ok I went to the range yesterday and sighted in my stag arms super varminter. the accuracy was good considering my abilities . the lower I built myself and installed a jp reduced trigger/ hammer spring set . the trigger feels great ,but the hiccup I was having was that it seemed that the trigger did not reset . this was not an every shot problem, but it happened to much for me to be happy . is this a common problem ? can it be easily fixed ? please help im at a loss as to what is causing this . I check function at the time I built it and every time that it would happen on the range. to get it to reset I either pushed forward on the trigger or turned the safety about half way on and you could here it clik and reset

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you partially rotate the safety, its pushing down on the back of the trigger body, and pivots the front up to catch on the slot in the base of the hammer to reset it. If the disconnector was weak or installed wrong, then it would be having trouble catching the hammer upon blow back to begin with. Maybe its just barely catching the hammer sometimes, just enough to not give the trigger enough clearance to push up in to the slot at the base of the hammer and reset.

If its not that then the issue must be in the trigger spring. From what I can see on the pics it looks right. The loop part is under the front of the trigger body and the two prongs are forward...maybe its just a little too weak?

Sorry if my description is confusing, trying to type this out on my phone right now..

Latest posts

Top Bottom