ar hiccup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am understanding the situation correctly, it seems the trigger spring is not strong enough to pull the trigger back to its firing position, which is leaving the hammer captured by the disconnector. That is why you can push the trigger forward or manipulate the safety to correct the issue.
Unfortunately this is what can happen when lighter; (read weaker), springs are used in place of stock units. You pays your money and take your chances. Yes, I am aware that a lot of people swear by these springs, but they are not speaking up now. I would suggest re installing the stock trigger spring; leaving in the weaker JP hammer spring, first and see is that solves the problem. Im betting it will. Your pull weight will increase some but it may be alright for your purpose.

If I may suggest a good replacement look at the ALG trigger, or if you have the funds, a Geissele ssa or ssae.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
J.P. springs are designed to be used with the J.P. trigger and speed hammer. They were never ment as "drop in" replacements with stock parts. Failures to fire, light hits and reset problems are the ear Mark of using them with stock parts. When used with the J.P. components it will give a very reliable 2 1/2-3 pound trigger pull, but they are not for stock G.I. components

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with U.M.B. on this one. It is well known in the competition shooting community, that if you use J.P. "yellow springs" with stock components you have to cut off the back hook on the hammer to lighten it to avoid light hits and failure to fires! Also you need to run a J.P. disconnect spring or a lighter spring in order to avoid trigger reset problems. Yes J.P. says their springs can be used with stock components, but it is recommended that you lighten a few things. Ask me how I know! I have been a sponsored shooter for J.P. since 1999 and have worked closely with John on a number of things over the years

A good example of this is you "can" run roller rockers in a "stock" engine, but they aren't made for that application unless you got a whole bunch of other specialty parts to work with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom