AR pistol upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently picked up an M&P complete lower with several nice aftermarket upgrades on it. Great trigger.

I now need an upper. What sources/types do you recommend?

What barrel length do you recommend? I do not plan to add a can.

I think I'll stay with iron sights, so I probably need one with a rail and a carry handle.

Your advice will be appreciated.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy that A1 upper that Josh has for sale.

It's 10.5"' carry handle, and you can throw a railed hand guard on there.

Simple and light. I have some plastic hand guards you can have, if you decide against the rails.

It is a pistol or at least not a rifle lower, right? That is to say, it wasn't once a rifle, yes?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy that A1 upper that Josh has for sale.

It's 10.5"' carry handle, and you can throw a railed hand guard on there.

Simple and light. I have some plastic hand guards you can have, if you decide against the rails.

It is a pistol or at least not a rifle lower, right? That is to say, it wasn't once a rifle, yes?

Is not, has never been a rifle. I know about the form requirement if I ever sell it. Thanks for the link!

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 7 1/2 inch myself. I have heard of people having trouble with them, but I have had 4 of them with no problems. The 7.5 I have now will run all day and I have been running cheap steel cased down it.

I also had a Spikes 10" that I bought off of a member that ran good.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I stumbled onto a really good deal on a .22 upper with a laser sight. Not what I had planned to do first, but too good to pass up.

I am still looking for a 5.56 upper, but at the moment it'd have to be a really smokin' deal. The membranes in my wallet are kinda dry, but will recover before too long . . .

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 7 1/2 inch myself. I have heard of people having trouble with them, but I have had 4 of them with no problems. The 7.5 I have now will run all day and I have been running cheap steel cased down it.

I was told something about "rifle powder burn spikes" and stuff, that was way over my head, wasnt good for anything under a 10.5" barrel.

Do you know anything about that?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never had any problems with the 7.5" upper I used to have either.

A 7.5" delivers a lot less speed, obviously, than say, oh I don't know.... a 20".

Here is a chart that someone made, and it looks like there is noticable drop from 11.5 to 10.5. Mine is a 10.5. Wish they would have included the 7.5.

Whatever! I am not taking over the world (not yet anyway). Just having fun!

www.chernicoff.com_images_D1.jpg

Wait, this might have more info. Looks like I am gonna need a 30".

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom