AR15 in 22lr Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a M&P and loved it. Ran great and all the controls are like a centerfire AR. A guy traded me an AK-47 for it. That deal I couldn't pass up. I have the Sig 522 rifle and pistol now.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't hate it, just seems we end up clearing a FTE or double feed or something about every 10-15 rounds some days. Annoying. I'd have to think something else would be better.

The Boy is old enough now to shoot his AR consistently and easily, but at the rate he goes through ammo, I can't afford it.

I’ve notice HPs tend to jam the most in mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my M&P 15-22
Like @GlockPride said, 1000's of rounds through it with no trouble at all. And it's dead on accurate.

Smith & Wesson AR 15, 22 caliber.jpg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with CMMG, from my experience. I have one of the AR-15 conversion kits that I run through an AR-15 pistol with a 7" barrel. No problems are issues, shoots all varieties and weights of .22 LR. I also have a CMMG "M-4 carbine" upper chambered in .22 LR mated to a composite lower and it is perfect in performance as well. The M-4 set up with magpul stock, grip, and forend really enhances the look and feel of the rifle.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once ordered a 15-22, and when I received it, the bolt had become torqued in the plastic upper, twisting everything out of whack. It never ran. I traded it to an amateur gunsmith willing to take the time to contact warranty. I'd never trust it. IF I were looking, I'd do a conversion bolt this time. I've always wanted a 17HMR AR, but for some reason those uppers seem to run $600+

Latest posts

Top Bottom