AR15 jamed shut help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since this happened just after cleaning I doubt it has anything to do with steel cased ammo(the laquer thing is a myth by the way). It is entirely possible for regular old ammo to stick due too manufacturing inaccuracies.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wasnt prying hard. and the guys at the range was freaking out cause the bolt wasnt open when they wanted to go cold. so muzzle down range weapon secured and a slight pressure released the bolt enough to let it slide back. this was after only 2 rounds down range. slamming the rifle was not an option.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can also hook the charging handle on the table and smack the butt with your hand. Obviously you shouldn't do this too hard, as you could mess up your charging handle, but I've done it myself before for slight jams. In fact, the one time I did it, I was shooting cheap-o steel case. When I did this trick, the extractor actually popped the rim off the case and I had to use a cleaning rod to tap it out.

The case that I pulled out had a huge scratch down the side of it, which immediately made me worry my chamber had a burr in it. I Looked in the chamber later that day when I got it home and it was silky smooth (thank gosh). I do not allow steel cased ammo in my .223 bolt rifle...

Latest posts

Top Bottom