AR15 jamed shut help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What ro-bar said. Sort of...

If you shoot Wolff, shoot only Wolff. Don't mix steel and brass case ammo. IOW, if you shoot steel case clean the pizz out of your chamber BEFORE going back to brass case ammo. The steel doesn't expand and seal the chamber so it gets gunked it up. When you shove a brass case in there it expands and sticks to the gunked up chamber.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't mind looking it over for you. I won't be able to until Friday though because of my work schedule.
I'll try to remember to give you a PM to ask if you need more assistance with it on Friday and we'll put a few rounds down range with it.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put some Ballistol down the barrel and let it soak in. Take your bolt and carrier out of the weapon, and remove the bolt from the carrier. Soak it in Ballistol, then clean all the carbon from those russian rounds off the bolt. Now use a bolt and carrier carbon scraper and remove the carbon on the end of the bolt and inside the carrier. clean out the chamber, and barrel, and coat all moving parts with Balistol, Stop using none US made ammo. I come accross this a lot when people use none US made ammo. Hope this helps.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can take a screwdriver and protecting the ejection port slide it back. making sure of where the muzzle is of course. mine sticks like this when there is a round but i believe its because i just built it and it hasnt broke in yet.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What ro-bar said. Sort of...

If you shoot Wolff, shoot only Wolff. Don't mix steel and brass case ammo. IOW, if you shoot steel case clean the pizz out of your chamber BEFORE going back to brass case ammo. The steel doesn't expand and seal the chamber so it gets gunked it up. When you shove a brass case in there it expands and sticks to the gunked up chamber.

I had a friend who shot metric tons of steel cased ammo. He found that if he loaded his mags with 1 brass cased/9 steel cased and on and on he could shoot as much as he wanted with no fear of sticking brass cased ammo due to the gunked up chamber. The brass cases were pretty filthy when they came out too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom