Archery hunters and arrogance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don't see why compound or crossbow hunters have room to be arrogant. I mostly only rifle hunt, but bow hunt with a long bow on occasion . I have shot a compound afew times and it was EASY. Shot a crossbow once and it was EASIER. IMO, compounds and crossbows are nothing more than short range guns, and shouldn't be allowed for archery season

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don't see why compound or crossbow hunters have room to be arrogant. I mostly only rifle hunt, but bow hunt with a long bow on occasion . I have shot a compound afew times and it was EASY. Shot a crossbow once and it was EASIER. IMO, compounds and crossbows are nothing more than short range guns, and shouldn't be allowed for archery season

That all depends on how you go about it....
Shooting a recurve instinctive is easy too, at 20ish yards.
Shooting good consistantly at 60+ with a compound is harder. A compound at 20... Ya well your probably right lol
It's all about practice and being proficient with your weapon.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all about challenging yourself
Like say..... Long shots at Prairie Dogs lol
i585.photobucket.com_albums_ss294_AllOut_4B180674_4553_4B77_944a8d1d3741fc2bfbe77cc0a7c0b26097.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I go round and round with a guy in fun, about me using a crossbow. I've made my own bow and killed a deer with it, I told him I had nothing left to prove. He says the crossbow is too much of an advantage. I told him i'll put it away when he puts his inline ML with scope away during primative season.:) He comes back with me doing the same with my savage ML, I told him i've killed deer with my flintlock, it's all in good fun, I've never encountered any cutthroat attitudes between the two.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get along with everyone but have seen this attitude too. I see it in the predator hunting community too where some guys on a forum will rag on someone who shot one without calling it. The worst I ever saw was a kid that ran a coyote down with his 4 wheeler. That kid got flamed like crazy. We are all killing stuff and I told him I hoped he ran down a bunch more. Live and let live. Join the Libertarian Party!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The shooting sports are full of these attitudes. The Skeet and Trap shooters are pipe smoking a-holes, long range precision guys think all other shooters are knuckle draggers, the "tactical" guys think they are the shooting world's version of MMA cage fighters, the archers fight with each other over which sub-group is better than the gun hunters etc...then there are a few of us who just like to go out and shoot and don't really care what someone else is doing and how they are doing it and think we are better than all the other's because we don't care...and miss the irony.

In other words, we are human and come packed with all the associated baggage.

Well, hell, I shoot Skeet, trap, three gun, USPSA, Service rifle matches, pistol and rifle Sillouette, so let me group my self now......
I'm a pipe smoking Ahole, knuckle dragging tactical timmy, cage fighter that uses an Xbow to cheat.

Ok, At least I know where I'm at in relationship to the overall view of the shooting community. LOL!

Y'all need to chill out and just go shoot. (if you can find ammo)

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a hunter at heart but a bow hunter by passion. I will rifle hunt and don't have any issues with gun hunters at all.

I will rifle hunt every year if I still have a tag to use. I won't kid anyone however. I am extremely picky when I rifle hunt. Rifle season to me is just a great time to be in the woods for me and enjoy the outdoors. I may or may not take a deer during rifle season. Heck, only two bucks have fallen to my rifle in the last 6 years.

I really enjoy rifle season because for two weeks out of the year I feel normal. Why you ask? For those two weeks, there is a huge influx in deer hunters, stories, commodore, and deer hitting the dirt. For those two weeks, it seems like everyone has the same frame of mind that I have for three months of archery season.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck, only two bucks have fallen to my rifle in the last 6 years.

I really enjoy rifle season because for two weeks out of the year I feel normal. Why you ask? For those two weeks, there is a huge influx in deer hunters, stories, commodore, and deer hitting the dirt. For those two weeks, it seems like everyone has the same frame of mind that I have for three months of archery season.
Why did this song pop into my head when I read that?
[video=youtube_share;kb9yhhflmvY]http://youtu.be/kb9yhhflmvY[/video]

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, hell, I shoot Skeet, trap, three gun, USPSA, Service rifle matches, pistol and rifle Sillouette, so let me group my self now......
I'm a pipe smoking Ahole, knuckle dragging tactical timmy, cage fighter that uses an Xbow to cheat.

Ok, At least I know where I'm at in relationship to the overall view of the shooting community. LOL!

Y'all need to chill out and just go shoot. (if you can find ammo)
You are in a class unto yourself:wave: Some people are like that no matter what sport or hobby they are in, ignore them, leave them in their own self absorbed little world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom