Are Cmmg Conversion kit any Good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny you should mention this today. I tried my new kit yesterday in a known good AR, and had all sorts of trouble with it. Failure to feed, failure to go into battery, etc. After I wiped down the conversion bolt with oil, I managed to get the AR to feed two rounds in a row and fire both, but that was about it. The outside of the chamber insert also got filthy dirty after just a dozen rounds. I only had Remington Thunderbolt 38-grain plated ammo though, so I don’t know if it was due to the ammo. I didn’t have time to mess around further, but so far, I’m not impressed.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had pretty good luck with mine and thought about building a completely dedicated upper for it, but I eventually sold it to a member here and purchased a Nordic dedicated 22lr upper which runs like a sewing machine.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you should mention this today. I tried my new kit yesterday in a known good AR, and had all sorts of trouble with it. Failure to feed, failure to go into battery, etc. After I wiped down the conversion bolt with oil, I managed to get the AR to feed two rounds in a row and fire both, but that was about it. The outside of the chamber insert also got filthy dirty after just a dozen rounds. I only had Remington Thunderbolt 38-grain plated ammo though, so I don’t know if it was due to the ammo. I didn’t have time to mess around further, but so far, I’m not impressed.
Are you using Black Dog mags?

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run this kit and have never tried it without. I have not installed the springs, just the buffer plug, charging handle insert, and the black plastic bolt stop thing :)

https://borebuddy.com/product/reliability-kit/

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one on here 11/2020 and never got around to installing it. I was told they have to be very well oiled to run right. Still haven't taken it out of the package, but it was the highest rated "conversion" (not complete upper) I could find online

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom