Are Cmmg Conversion kit any Good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had any issues with mine I always run the copper plated ammo through my uppers, it will definitely foul up your barrel after awhile so I always try to clean my uppers really well after running it.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had any issues with mine I always run the copper plated ammo through my uppers, it will definitely foul up your barrel after awhile so I always try to clean my uppers really well after running it.

They do recommend shooting a round or two of 223/556 through the barrel after every few hundred rounds of 22lr.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand the appeal. Can't you buy a used 10-22 for about the same price (or less) as the conversion kit?
:anyone:
___

Some people like shooting the same platform with cheaper ammo. For an adult the AR ergonomics are better than a 10-22 in my opinion, unless you want to drop some serious coin on 10-22 upgrades.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my daughter a tipman dedicated 22lr. I was looking at the s&w ar 15/22, didnt like the fact of the plastic upper and lower. The
Tipman is all aluminum the same as an ar, they are supposed to accept all ar componets, have not tried any yet. It was not that much
more than the s&w. It has ran flawlessy since we got it. For my son years ago, we put a 10/22 in an arch angel stock, looks pretty good
and it has held up good over the years. They how ever do not match the ergonomics of an ar.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dropped one into my "retro-ish" and have had a blast with it. Runs great. Gives me a real easy reason to go waste ammo when it's just from my stash of .22LR.
IMG_1349 (1).jpg

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I,m thinking about get a CMMG Conversion kit to try in my ar, but was wondering if the are any good. Has anyone ever tried one?
Like some of the other comments in this post mine has run flawlessly. For those having issues it may be the ammo. I’ve run many thousands. It is fun. That said it is not going to be a one hole accurate gun with this conversion. I don’t think you will be hitting golf balls at 50 yards. More like a Coke cans at 50 yards. I think a complete CMMG upper would be a lot more accurate like a 10/22.

Would I recommend buying one? Yes very much. Loading the mags is a little bit of a pain in the butt I bought a loader for that that makes it a lot easier

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom