Are people disappointed with the Glock 43?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah I'm the opposite. I can't stand the glock grip, but the M&P fits like a glove.
I've owned a Glock 19 in the past, and it was a fine pistol and imo the perfect size for both carry and home defense, but when the M&P came out, I dumped the Glock and never looked back.
I really wish S&W would make a Glock 19 size M&P

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll give you this: If S&W would make a single stack 9 the exact size of the M&P .22 Compact, then THAT would be the shizzz as far as I'm concerned. That pistol has the perfect grip to me, whereas the Shield felt like a banana trying to squirt up outta my mitts.

Sent from my iPhone

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The M&P shield is a better gun for $100 less. Just took the glock fanboys awhile to figure that out.

Yeah I'm the opposite. I can't stand the glock grip, but the M&P fits like a glove.
I've owned a Glock 19 in the past, and it was a fine pistol and imo the perfect size for both carry and home defense, but when the M&P came out, I dumped the Glock and never looked back.
I really wish S&W would make a Glock 19 size M&P

^^^ These. +1

I have a G19 that I plan on keeping because it's the perfect frame size and it's a good shooter. For summer carry I just picked up a Shield. I looked at the G43 and Shield side by side and the Shield is a gun that I have no problem shooting many thousands of rounds through. It has the same frame inserts as it's big brother, slide is just as robust, has actual steel sights, a far better trigger and if you want it in .40 you can have it. All that for $100 less? Sorry for the Glock fanboys S&W outglocked Glock yet again. The G43 looks just like my wife's G42 with only a smidge more metal in the slide and has those wimpy stamped steel tabs that the slide runs on, probably fine for .380 but it ain't gonna cut it for full house and +P 9mm. Y'all go shoot 15,000 rounds of +P through your G43 and get back to us on what all broke. Our S&W's will only have a about 5 recoil spring replacements.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another probable reason is that people are realizing despite all the new model hype, there is no one perfect tool and wind up wanting a 19 for capacity again. Heck I do the same thing on the next size up. My Gen 4 19 is too small for my hands so I'll probably trade it for a Gen 4 17.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^ These. +1

I have a G19 that I plan on keeping because it's the perfect frame size and it's a good shooter. For summer carry I just picked up a Shield. I looked at the G43 and Shield side by side and the Shield is a gun that I have no problem shooting many thousands of rounds through. It has the same frame inserts as it's big brother, slide is just as robust, has actual steel sights, a far better trigger and if you want it in .40 you can have it. All that for $100 less? Sorry for the Glock fanboys S&W outglocked Glock yet again. The G43 looks just like my wife's G42 with only a smidge more metal in the slide and has those wimpy stamped steel tabs that the slide runs on, probably fine for .380 but it ain't gonna cut it for full house and +P 9mm. Y'all go shoot 15,000 rounds of +P through your G43 and get back to us on what all broke. Our S&W's will only have a about 5 recoil spring replacements.

Sorry to tell you that those wimpy Glock rails look pretty much like those on all the other Glocks. You know, the ones that DO have 1000's and 1000's of rounds through them? So go ahead and like S&W all you want. I like them fine; I just like the 43 better than the Shield in 9mm. It's nice to have choices.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always been a Glock fan. All the G43 hype wore me out though. They're great little firearms;(Glocks I mean), but the price point is too high for my tastes as well.

Last edited:

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another probable reason is that people are realizing despite all the new model hype, there is no one perfect tool and wind up wanting a 19 for capacity again. Heck I do the same thing on the next size up. My Gen 4 19 is too small for my hands so I'll probably trade it for a Gen 4 17.

Or going back to their G26's because you can carry a spare G19 or G17 mag in your pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom