Are people disappointed with the Glock 43?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I personally think they are late to the party... Kahr, Sig, Beretta, S&W, Ruger, Kel-Tec, Springfield, Taurus, etc... All have a single-stack 9mm and all have their pros and cons.

The other thing is that I believe some folks were hopeful to have a Glock true pocket 9. I know some folks wear looser pants or have more room in the pocket but I'd say for many people it's a bit too big. By the time you put it in a pocket holster and in the front pocket, it will bulge or print a lot of pants. So you end up carrying IWB... Now you are stuck with the next question if I am carrying IWB, is it that much thicker/heavier to carry a double stack? I could be wrong but that is my read.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same mushy trigger, same horrible sights, low capacity compared to other single stacks it's size...... what's not to like?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same mushy trigger, same horrible sights, low capacity compared to other single stacks it's size...... what's not to like?

The two I have owned. I fixed the trigger, put on new sights, added plus two's on the mag's. It is a fine pistol for some, not so fine for others. People work for their money, they need to buy what makes them happy.

I got rid of the two, because while I do have large hands, I just flat out like having 12-15 rounds in a pistol if I am going to carry a pistol on the hip. Both shot extremely well, functioned perfectly, no failures of any kind. Handled well. I do carry a small pocket auto, which is smaller in my hands that the G43, but it is for loose summer time carry in shorts and such. ""I had to come back and clarify for Joel"

Last edited:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thankful there is, now, such a large variety of small pistols built for concealed carry. There were few reasonable options when I got in this game, and now they abound. I don't care if one was first, or last, to develop these...I'm simply amazed and I don't take it for granted. I hope manufacturers continue to explore, to bring new concealable guns to the market. Some will be great, some won't, and occasionally one will change the game forever. Choose the one that's best for you and, for goodness sake, try to wear it out!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The one I handled didn't have a mushy trigger at all. Very un-glock like actually, had a wall that needed an M1 Abrams tank to break through though, had to be at least 9 lbs.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problems out of mine and no plans to sell it.

I like the shield, but agree with Joel, always felt like it was going to come out of my hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom