Are you a Home Depot or Lowe’s kind of guy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lowes and Home Depot are a couple of blocks apart for me, but I always go to Lowes first. They seem to have a better assortment of whatever I'm looking for, and I like the layout of their store better than Home Depot.

deerstalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually go to Lowe's cause they are closer. BUT I start *****'in when I hit the door. NO Help! anywhere, when asked, oh is not my department. sure wish the mom & pop lumber yard where still here..

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends

I rotate between bLowe's and Home Crappo. Seems 1 will have better pricing or selection for 6 -9 months, then the other will be better. Seems every project, it switches. Throw an occasional visit / purchase to Sutherland's, though it seems they are staffed by unhelpful morons, at the moment.
For small projects, needing a part in a hurry, our small, local lumber yard has adequate inventory and very competitive prices.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lowe’s forever. 10% off for vets, and much, much better staffed. Combine that with NO 10% discount and 4 or 5 serious complaints by yours truly , for lack of service makes this decision a no brainer.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If in Mustang try Four Seasons Hardware and Lumber.
Their hose fittings are still brass and not cheap brass looking plated steel that get ruined if you drop them. Or aluminum that corrodes over the winter and seizes. But these cheepies cost double what they were before at Lowes and HD.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Their hose fittings are still brass and not cheap brass looking plated steel that get ruined if you drop them. Or aluminum that corrodes over the winter and seizes. But these cheepies cost double what they were before at Lowes and HD.
I know the owner, good dude.

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I did not know about them……I’ll check it out. Thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom