Are you a Home Depot or Lowe’s kind of guy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We only have a Lowes around Ponca, but in our travels, I've found that HD carries more products in the store. I get the Veteran discount at both although Lowes isn't a blanket discount as HD is. Lowes doesn't allow the discount now on big appliances and some other items.
I also qualified for the Pro program as we have a farming business that gives an additional discount and tax free for agricultural related products.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually go to Ace Hardware first because they have competent, helpful staff. Then HD, then Lowe's, but there isn't much difference between them.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Home Depot for me. Mainly because it's closer to me, by about 3 minutes, haha. By now I have a pretty good idea of the floor layout and where most things are.

Last edited:

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My opinion.

We're stuck with them for the time being.

But they used the WallyWorld business plan.

Come in and offer everything under one roof with decent customer service.

Squeeze out all the local mom & pop businesses.

Denigrate into sloppily ran junk stores. You can still find what you’re looking for. But you’ll get close to zero help.

Next iteration will be similar to Dollar General store plans. Everything crammed into undersized pole barns with self-checkout and an armed security guard overseeing them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom