Are you a Home Depot or Lowe’s kind of guy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4ts&w

Marksman
Reaction score
Neither.

I grew up in, and worked in the construction trade when we had full service lumber yards with mostly knowledgeable people working there that understood that without customers they wouldn't have a job.

I absolutely hate Lowe's and Home Depot.

I know what you mean.. I work for Lowe’s, 😂

My son works for Home Depot (in South Calaki… er.. Carolina..)

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer Lowe's I get the Vet discount and tax exempt fairly easy if the computer works right. HD gives me the Vet discount but not the tax exemption because that is double dipping, that is stupid woke attitude

I always get both the vet discount and tax exempt on eligible items, online and in the store.

I can't see how a tax exemption is double-dipping with a vet discount. The tax isn't income to the store so it doesn't affect their bottom line at all.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being in residential construction I’m in whichever store is closest at the time. For buying tools I prefer Home Depot. I’ll take ridgid or husky over kobalt or the new Lowe’s craftsman crap any day.

Home Depot is better for buying trim and finish mouldings. They still sell by the foot, you can cut what you need into the lengths you need. They’ve got hand saw carts in the trim isles. Vs Lowe’s trim is sold by stick, usually not available in anything longer than 10-12ft.

I feel like in ways Lowe’s is more geared towards the home owner and HD is more contractor oriented

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lowe’s forever. 10% off for vets, and much, much better staffed. Combine that with NO 10% discount and 4 or 5 serious complaints by yours truly , for lack of service makes this decision a no brainer.

Lowe’s has become much more selective on what the 10% discount can be used on. No big ticket items like appliances. I also bought some tomato plants this spring and noticed it didn’t get applied to those. When I called the store, some assistant manager said certain vendors (Bonnie in this case) don’t allow the discount. I said, “I’m not shopping at Bonnie, I’m shopping at Lowe’s. You’re the one offering the discount.” Blamed it on corporate of course. If you need 10% off your box of nails though….

I prefer Lowe's I get the Vet discount and tax exempt fairly easy if the computer works right. HD gives me the Vet discount but not the tax exemption because that is double dipping, that is stupid woke attitude

That’s not double dipping. The discount is from the store. The tax exempt isn’t coming out of their bottom line. That’s state money.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Lowe’s is getting a lock on the market around these parts.

View attachment 494666

Lowes is closer to me so that's usually where I go unless Home Depot has a deal I can't pass up, but even then most of the time I'll buy online and have things shipped to me unless I have to pick it up or buy in-store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom