Arizona lawmaker proposes $30 million U.S.-Mexico border 'virtual fence'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTribalCop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be a website that used existing border cameras that you could watch and report people crossing. It was called blueservo.net (I think), I guess it has since been shutdown.
wikipedia -
BlueServo is an American company whose primary service is the Virtual Community Watch, a service which crowdsources the surveillance of the Texas-Mexico border and allows for users to anonymously report alleged entries of illegal immigrants to the United States Border Patrol, so that they may be stopped. The initiative, first proposed in June 2006, was initially launched by the State of Texas in 2007, with an initial 200 cameras installed along the border. The service is backed by the Texas Border Sheriffs' Coalition and has been endorsed by incumbent governor Rick Perry, despite 2009 criticisms arguing that the service has been ineffective in reducing the flow of illegal immigration. It has also come under scrutiny on issues of civil liberties and the stoking of nativist sentiment. It appears that BlueServo is no longer funded, and the site has been shut down.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, borders are changed, demographics are changed, ideals are changed. An oversimplification of the border problem would be to recognize that it is simply too big in its current state.

FYP. This situation isn't happening by chance.

Motion activated mini-guns. Machines have no concience.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
FYP. This situation isn't happening by chance.

Motion activated mini-guns. Machines have no concience.

Shortening the border would make more sense, if the politics could be taken out of the equation. Most of the illegal immigration comes from this very border. Their border to the south is very small. If they ever wanted to unify with the US, I think we ought to consider it for this very reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom