Armslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just posted a gun on Armslist for the first time. If it sells do I HAVE to go through a FFL? I read all of the "accept our terms" and saw nothing about it.

Coz

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, just cover your bases and ass. Ive done buisness on armslist for years. A few sketchy folks. Just be ready to walk away if it doesnt feel right. Pay attention to red flags. Its like craigslist but with guns.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meet them in a public place. Living in Ponca City I have used the Sand Springs WalMart or the Conoco at the I-35 Stillwater exit many times. Plus usually my wife rides with me and we both carry. I've never had any trouble with anyone .

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing about Armslist changes the legal requirements for a gun sale.
So for an in-state sale you could choose to do a FTF private sale but across state lines it MUST go through a FFL in the buyer's state of residency.

Bottom Line - Armslist (or a gun show or OSA) are merely venues to advertise - the legal requirements are still applicable.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just posted a gun on Armslist for the first time. If it sells do I HAVE to go through a FFL? I read all of the "accept our terms" and saw nothing about it.

Coz

Nope, it's a private sale. Just make sure they are old enough and don't look sketchy. If it feels wrong walk away. Another thing I do if it seems sketchy I suggest a bill of sale. Just a simple document they sign saying they are buying and you put both names and the gun you are selling. If they say no when I bring it up I walk. I've only done a bill of sale twice. The guys were just eager to get the gun as it turned out and came off weird during email and taking. One turned up with his wife and son. I usually don't do one.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, it's a private sale. Just make sure they are old enough and don't look sketchy. If it feels wrong walk away. Another thing I do if it seems sketchy I suggest a bill of sale. Just a simple document they sign saying they are buying and you put both names and the gun you are selling. If they say no when I bring it up I walk. I've only done a bill of sale twice. The guys were just eager to get the gun as it turned out and came off weird during email and taking. One turned up with his wife and son. I usually don't do one.

Unless you bill of sale is notorized, it really means nothing. The other person can say "that is not my signature" and you have no way of proving it is.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cozican - please heed my post. Armslist doesn't change the law - what you must do for a private gun sale changes depending upon whether the buyer and seller are residents of the same State. (See post 5 above)

Latest posts

Top Bottom