Armslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you bill of sale is notorized, it really means nothing. The other person can say "that is not my signature" and you have no way of proving it is.

Correct but if anything goes south later you can see their name and the serial number and address on a paper and give a copy to law enforcement. I had a buddy that sold a gun that was traded for a stolen gun. His paper work cover his backside and made it easier for Leo track down the trash

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently posted a couple of firearms on there the other day. My ak and my glock. I sold my ak the day after I posted it to an older Vietnam vet. He drive to Shawnee from mustang to buy it. And then he pulled out a pouch that had a ton of cash in it. He laid out every bill and counted it in front of me so I wouldn't think he was trying to rip me off. Went very well. But that is just one time. And I sold my glock to a member on here. I would always be cautious of someone I don't know. You just can't take any chances these days.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a counterfeit detecting pen. Available at Staples, Wal-Mart, etc. Check the bills in front of them.
One of the common counterfeiting schemes is to take $1 bills, remove the ink and then reprint them as 20's, 50's or 100's. That would fool a pen. Look for the security strip embedded within the bill. That won't be correct if they have done this. The pens are not your best tool.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is what I like so much about this forum. I can get a feel for somebody by looking at their posts or i can look at feedback from others on here. I sold one rifle on Armslist and it went really smooth. The guy was a teacher in Edmond. With that being said my comfort level was low enough that I have refrained from doing business on Armslist. Good Luck.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sold my Colt pretty quickly on Armslist. Was nervous as hell, picked a good meeting spot with cameras.....then a uniformed cop shows up to buy it! Overall we had a good FTF.

Coz

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used Armslist to buy and sell for years. Never had any probs except one no show. Usually my wife or son go along and we carry.

OSA is the best place if you are concerned....

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've asked to see an Oklahoma driver's license to make sure they are a resident, and i've been asked to show a license or CCW permit. I've also printed off a generic bill of sale and had two copies, never had anyone decline.

Latest posts

Top Bottom