Assault-weapons ban nixed from bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are they still attempting to go for background checks on private transfers though? In my mind, that's just as bad IF not worse...

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, and Coburn is going to ensure it gets passed

It's a shame he's not going to run again... I would take great pleasure in voting against him.

We all need to call his office in the morning and express our strong views. I will be... guaranteed.

Background checks on private transfers amounts to the most restrictive approach they could possibly take right now. It forces EVERYONE to run transfers through a dealer or become a criminal. In some ways, it's the now version of the 1968 gun control act. More chipping away at the stone and setting up a method by which they can (and will in the future) track every single firearm and it's owner. It's just plain wrong and needs to be stopped in it's tracks.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a news report concerning the remaining parts of the bill...

Leaders are now considering how to shape the larger package and plan to release their bill this week. On the table are a bill to broaden background checks for gun buyers, a school safety measure and legislation to make gun trafficking and straw purchasing a felony punishable by up to 25 years in prison.
The focus now is on background checks. Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., has been meeting with Republican senators in an attempt to hammer out a compromise to require all buyers to get a background check before they buy a gun. Talks with Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., stalled after they couldn't agree on whether private sellers should have to keep records of their transactions.
The gun trafficking and school safety bills were both approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee with bipartisan support.

Let's not get all happy just yet. In fact, I would have preferred they left the AWB in the bill so it would have had NO chance of passing. With what remains in the bill, we will still be screwed.

I'd like to see the government just forget it all and spend more time and effort enforcing the current laws, not trafficking guns to Mexico on their own, and focusing on the gazillions of $ of debt we have instead of trying to run our lives.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am sure there will be another attack, created by none other than white angry Americans, angry at their government.

Get ready.

I almost agree with you. But the attack is going to come from Fein-witch and her cohorts. She knew this bill wasn't going to fly anyway, so "dropping" it from the main piece of legislation is just a ruse to get us to sit back and think we won. She WILL try to slip this into something else, piece by piece even.

Be ready.

Latest posts

Top Bottom