assisted suicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
stage 4 cancer eating my esophagus and trachea spread to lungs , liver, tail bone and cervical spine and brain
Might be prudent to speak with a Hospice professional. Many people think hospice isn’t appropriate until the dying process begins, which isn’t true. Lots of families say they wish the patient went on hospice earlier as the quality of life would have been better.
A hospice consult can answer all your questions & give you correct information prior to making any health decisions. Best of luck.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those who have posted laughing emoji's in a very serious thread. I'm sure they will attempt to rationalize why....or not.

Ah you may not understand that the people aren't saying the subject, cancer, hospice, end of life care is ridiculous. However, people have made some ridiculous comments. Big difference.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't imagine that. I would be begging God to take me. Maybe he will soon. Godspeed your journey home.
I'm not out of the fight yet , still working some and have some good day's. my ability to speak is greatly diminished and have a lot of pain but can mostly tolerate it, but I know it's coming and a miracle not withstanding things will get much worse

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
edit. I should have clarified medically assisted.
what are your thoughts on assisted suicide?
right now I believe Oregon and Vermont are the only 2 states that allow nonresidents to use the system

When it comes right down to it, mi amigo, the only opinion/thoughts that matter is yours, your loved ones, and your God if you have one.

Dignity and quality of life are of paramount importance to me, but I'm not you. You are you.

God Speed.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found this somewhere on the web and it sums up my feelings. The quote is attributed to Epicurus.

It's going to piss off all the Christians here so good job opening the can of worms.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Evil is the absence of God.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1707274974521.png

Looks like it’s legal for the Dutch.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13027297/women-harrowing-post-euthanasia-day.html

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enough morphine and you will stop breathing. Seems to happen to some cancer patients I've seen/known. Can't say whether or not it was intentional but it seems odd that one thing led to another.
When my dad passed at home under hospice care, he was prescribed just enough morphine to keep him semi aware. I had to sign for the pills and the precise instructions on how to administer them.
When he passed, the first thing the hospice worker asked that came to the home was where are the pills.
They were counted out in front of me and another witness before signing another paper that said it counted good. That was 18 years ago.
I have no clue if that is even allowed now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom