assisted suicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All things happen either from God or with his assent. God did not kill Job’s cattle and children, or give Job lepresy. He allowed those things to happen though to confirm Job in his faith, and to show Satan that Job was not faithful to God for materialistic reasons, which was Satans claim. Trials give us opportunities for penance and to merit grace.

I mean as long as he's letting children die confirm one's faith......

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure it is lol.... it's apples to oranges. At the very least slippery slope. I would imagine Hitler would not be in Heaven due to a laundry list of sin, not just murder. That's just instant logic though.

How is it a slippery slope? I’m comparing murder to murder, you just either don’t want to concede my point or don’t have a valid counter point. Is murder alone not enough to merit Hell? One has to have a laundry list?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is it a slippery slope? I’m comparing murder to murder, you just either don’t want to concede my point or don’t have a valid counter point. Is murder alone not enough to merit Hell? One has to have a laundry list?

Bless your heart.

You are or are not saying murder is all the same?

My Laundry list comment pertains to Hitler's sins being quite extensive and more involved than just being involved in killing people.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bless your heart.

You are or are not saying murder is all the same?

My Laundry list comment pertains to Hitler's sins being quite extensive and more involved than just being involved in killing people.

I’m saying one sin is enough to merit Hell. People like to believe Hitler is in Hell because he killed hundreds of millions of people, yet they also say suicide will be forgiven because God is merciful. My point is that they are using an arbitrary measure (their own personal bias) to determine what is forgivable because Hitler is perceived as “bad” and Uncle Bob, who wants to commit suicide is “good”.

I believe God’s mercy is infinite and would be sufficient for even Hitler to merit Heaven, had Hitler sought repentance. It doesn’t take a hundred million murders or even a laundry list - a single mortal sin is sufficient to merit hell for eternity. The problem with suicide is that once you’re dead, you can’t seek repentance. In the instant you die, you face judgement and you will either merit Heaven or merit Hell, for eternity.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m saying one sin is enough to merit Hell. People like to believe Hitler is in Hell because he killed hundreds of millions of people, yet they also say suicide will be forgiven because God is merciful. My point is that they are using an arbitrary measure (their own personal bias) to determine what is forgivable because Hitler is perceived as “bad” and Uncle Bob, who wants to commit suicide is “good”.

And your own arbitrary bias beats up their arbitrary bias?

I believe God’s mercy is infinite and would be sufficient for even Hitler to merit Heaven, had Hitler sought repentance.
It doesn’t take a hundred million murders or even a laundry list - a single mortal sin is sufficient to merit hell for eternity.
The problem with suicide is that once you’re dead, you can’t seek repentance. In the instant you die, you face judgement and you will either merit Heaven or merit Hell, for eternity.

Gotta love that logic. Gods can be so narcissistic sometimes.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a delicate question that I have mixed feelings on after watching my Dad suffer and wither away in hospice care. The only thing funny is that I thought the same thing as flyguy but chose not to call you out on the hypocrisy. I sincerely apologize if my emoji offended you.
Well I should have said if I was suffering, I may wish for an early out somehow. Not pray for someone to smother me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom