assisted suicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thought, if a friend asks me to kill them because of whatever reason, will I not be charged with unlawful killing of a human being and be sent to prison and made a felon? And IF I survive prison, lose all my gun rights? But if a facility does it… because the Government said its fine… but if it is made legal to help people die faster privately, then I see murders happening and courts trying to figure out how to prove a murder did or didnt take place… looks like a really interesting chain of possibilities.
I should have clarified medically assisted

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Wife did hospice for around a dozen years. She helped people cross over with dignity and comfortable. That’s about as close to assisted suicide as I care to get.

When she was still in that field of nursing the average career for a hospice nurse was under two years.

Burn unit nurses and Hospice nurses, special people with special souls but most can only take it for so long.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At first thought, I don't like the idea. But I also acknowledge that this is one of those, you don't know what you think until you are faced with it. It is easy to make a call from afar but what about when we are faced in that situation head on? If a guy has a wife was suffering and in pain and she wanted to die, would the husband want to put something in her IV to let her move on at her request?

I say to myself that I would never do that, but would I if the love of my life begged me to? I just don't know.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m all for it. Watching my dad wither away from lung cancer that had spread to the brain and in pain that the hospice drugs weren’t helping with concreted my decision. His final month was like he had a stroke and couldn’t use the left side of his body. His right side was extremely weak as well. Unable to talk just grunt and make noises when in pain.

Hope to god i never have to go through that. Hope I just go to bed one night and don’t wake up.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m all for it. Watching my dad wither away from lung cancer that had spread to the brain and in pain that the hospice drugs weren’t helping with concreted my decision. His final month was like he had a stroke and couldn’t use the left side of his body. His right side was extremely weak as well. Unable to talk just grunt and make noises when in pain.

Hope to god i never have to go through that. Hope I just go to bed one night and don’t wake up.
If I ever got in that shape, I'd pray someone would hold a tight pillow over my face.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's how my uncle went. He went into cardiac arrest in his sleep and passed away at 54..

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

My dad was exactly the same from lung and brain cancer. He was down to blinking for yes and no for the last few weeks. Trapped inside his own body. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom