Attention Financial Prognosticators!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's looking like we should be pro-active and search out the next stuggling stock to pick out in hopes of it doing what's happening to Game Stop and AMC.

Your results may vary.

Game Stop is a quick bubble that was literally caused by an Elon Musk tweet? AMC's is due to securing financing that will forestall bankruptcy. I don't think either of those will last long and looks more like a day trade event than longer term investments like 401K?

I'm using question marks because I'm by no means an expert and will always entertain suggestions! :)

They're all goods months of late. My sister works at a closing company and it has never been so crazy. January has slowed some but that's normal. My niece sold her house for more than it was listed and had multiple offers. It's been like this for a year or more.

ETA: @Glocktogo, to answer your question, I don't have a lot invested, but I've cashed most of it and just have it parked waiting to buy again after the drop.

One of my employees just listed his house and got two offers after the weekend, one for $20K OVER asking price! The housing market is bonkers right now, especially near Tulsa!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Game Stop is a quick bubble that was literally caused by an Elon Musk tweet? AMC's is due to securing financing that will forestall bankruptcy. I don't think either of those will last long and looks more like a day trade event than longer term investments like 401K?

I'm using question marks because I'm by no means an expert and will always entertain suggestions! :)
!

Yeah, neither is a long termer by any stretch of the imagination. However, if you should have a bit of gambling money and could pick the next 'target' (a heavily shorted stock), it could be a very lucrative couple of day's return.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are thinking of selling the house and taking the profits BEFORE the correction. We can rent and then buy when market is down. I just hope the correction holds off till after May or June so we can sell during the good months....
Just something to keep in mind, the real estate market moves much slower than the stock market. There’s usually a 6-18 month lag. I found a video referencing this not long ago, I’ll see if I can find it.

Realtors are calling me asking if I want to sell anything
The "for sale" pool is the lowest its been in years.

same. Everyone wants to buy with the rates how they are, or realizes they hate their homes and want to buy elsewhere.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Realtors are calling me asking if I want to sell anything
The "for sale" pool is the lowest its been in years.

Me, also. My home has gained considerable value in the past 6 months (according to Zillow and actual selling prices in the neighborhood), however, I can't think of anywhere I'd rather live that's in the same price bracket as where I am. I guess it's a good 'problem' to have!

Latest posts

Top Bottom