Attention Financial Prognosticators!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just need to time so we can be in for two years and not pay taxes on the profits...
So I understand you are going to put the money back in real estate? What makes you think that real estate is going to go back down? Also what if interest rates go up? Then yes, real estate can go down if interest rates go up, but then your payment goes up because you pay more interest. It is different for everybody, so not saying you are doing the wrong thing.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're buying GME, AMC and BB now and laughing all the way to the bank.

I am afraid you are too late to the party.
You should have been in GME in the 40's when the forced squeeze first hit the wire on wall street bet's.
If you are serious on any of this, good luck with finding an entry and please be careful and have stops in place. Easy come easy go.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Game Stop is a quick bubble that was literally caused by an Elon Musk tweet? AMC's is due to securing financing that will forestall bankruptcy. I don't think either of those will last long and looks more like a day trade event than longer term investments like 401K?
I just listened to a podcast on this (I'd link it, but I don't think it's publicly available yet). From the description I heard, it was a bunch of Redditors who decided they wanted to punish short sellers. One of them posted last year that he thought Game Stop was undervalued, so a bunch of them set about to drive its stock price way up.

It sounds like they succeeded wildly.

Mind you, I'm condensing a 13 minute discussion into a few sentences, so I'm leaving out a lot of detail.

They're supposed to be discussing this on Daily Tech News Show today, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Here's the episode on YouTube:

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just listened to a podcast on this (I'd link it, but I don't think it's publicly available yet). From the description I heard, it was a bunch of Redditors who decided they wanted to punish short sellers. One of them posted last year that he thought Game Stop was undervalued, so a bunch of them set about to drive its stock price way up.

It sounds like they succeeded wildly.

Mind you, I'm condensing a 13 minute discussion into a few sentences, so I'm leaving out a lot of detail.

They're supposed to be discussing this on Daily Tech News Show today, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Here's the episode on YouTube:

You are correct. The redditors are called wall street bets. They squeezed the short sellers out.
The Elon Musk tweet was a stab at a prominent short seller that has publicly targeted and manipulated Tesla stock for years.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biden is undoing everything that Trump put in place.

Biden is going to raise all taxes, corporate and individual.

This alone will make the market correct. The market is an indicator of future company performance. When corporate taxes go up, prices will go up, profits will drop, people will be let go. Kind of the opposite of when Trump lowered corporate taxes and unemployment hit record lows because companies hired like crazy.

We are in trouble. Buffet dumped all of his bank and airline stocks. He bought the stock “GOLD”. He thinks the dollar is going to crash and is trying to hedge the crash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom