Attention Financial Prognosticators!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all be careful with those Reddit plays (except Kylr LOL) ..... you'd better be nimble and have a backstop or playin some options to protect yourself. That's vegas money.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lost $2,500 in value between yesterday and today. Timing the drop and the bottom is always a pain in the ass and no one calls it perfect. That's why unless I think it's a longer term correction, I just let it ride. :(
Exactly. I hate to bail right now and have capital gains tax to pay. That's why I set stop loss on all of it. It can run as far as it will this way. Don't know if your 401k can be set this way but a stop loss or trailing stop is quite helpful when trying to get to sleep at night.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. I hate to bail right now and have capital gains tax to pay. That's why I set stop loss on all of it. It can run as far as it will this way. Don't know if your 401k can be set this way but a stop loss or trailing stop is quite helpful when trying to get to sleep at night.

Unfortunately it doesn't have that function, so I have to keep an eye on things. At least I do ever since 2008, that was a bloodbath! :(

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is getting good!

Yellen received $800G from hedge fund in Gamestop controversy; WH doesn't commit to recusal
The Senate confirmed Yellen on Monday
Sam Dorman7 hours ago
Video
Newly-confirmed Treasury SecretaryJanet Yellen received around $810,000 in speaking fees from the hedge fund that bailed out one of the primary losers in the recent Gamestop frenzy.

Yellen's financial disclosure shows her making $337,500 for multiple days in Oct. of 2020 from Citadel. She similarly banked $292,500 in October of 2019 and $180,000 in December of that year.

The Senate confirmed Yellen on Monday, making her the first female secretary of the department. She previously chaired the Federal Reserve after an appointment by former President Obama.

SURGING GAMESTOP STOCK CREATING CHAOS FOR HEDGE FUNDS

Both Citadel and Point72 infused almost $3 billion into Melvin Capital, which saw massive losses after betting against the video game retailer Gamestop. The White House said on Wednesday that Yellen was monitoring the situation.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was asked Thursday during the daily briefing whether Yellen would recuse herself from advising the president on Gamestop. Psaki did not commit one way or another.

The Treasury Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Citadel does business with Robinhood, the trading app that helped fuel the massive stock activity that hit Melvin Capital. Robinhood said Thursday investors would only be able to sell their positions and not open new ones in some cases, and Robinhood will try to slow the amount of trading using borrowed money.

GameStop stock has rocketed from below $20 earlier to close around $350 Wednesday. The action was even wilder Thursday: The stock swung between $112 and $483. At midday it was down 27% at $255.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about this:

B5E2F8DC-7971-4B2F-B35F-A529D1EA08DC.png

50532188-E0F1-4A9C-982A-69666A8A3D25.png

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Psaki Defends Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen For Taking Money From Citadel
January 28, 2021
https://reddit.com/submit?url=https...ry+Janet+Yellen+For+Taking+Money+From+Citadel
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki defended newly-confirmed Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen for taking speaking fees from Citadel.

Janet Yellen was previously paid more than $800,000 in speaking fees by Citadel.

On Thursday, Robinhood, an online brokerage firm, blocked retail investors trading GameStop and other stocks – a clear manipulation – in order to stop the bleeding and protect Citadel, a multinational hedge fund with a vested interest in Robinhood.

Citadel and Point72 infused nearly $3 billion into Melvin Capital, a hedge fund that took a beating after betting against GameStop as Reddit traders caused GME to soar.

TRENDING: EXCLUSIVE: Independent Journalist Tayler Hansen: A Riot that Turned Deadly, What I Witnessed at the US Capitol Riot

The word on the street is that Citadel actually reloaded their shorts before they told Robinhood to stop trading GME (GameStop).

It gets juicier…

A person who purports to be a Robinhood employee (unconfirmed) blew the whistle on a conversation that went down with the brokerage firm’s C-Suite, Sequoia Capital (a venture capital firm that focuses on tech) AND THE WHITE HOUSE.

“Vladimir, yes founder Vladimir, and the C-Suite, received calls from Sequoia Capital and the White House that pressured into closing trading on GME etc. I guarantee you the same took place at E-trade and the others who closed trading,” the anonymous Robinhood employee posted to Reddit.

The stock manipulation is a scandal in itself but if the White House was involved and pressured the online brokerage firms to halt trading, the scandal will officially be HUGE.

Was Janet Yellen involved in the halting of trading in order to protect Citadel, a hedge fund that previously paid her nearly $1 million in speaking fees?

Despite the clear conflict of interest, the White House did not commit to a recusal by Yellen when asked about it by a Reuters reporter.

Psaki bragged about Yellen being a woman and said she’s “one of the world renowned experts on markets.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom