Attention Financial Prognosticators!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! Oklahoma ain't Boise where there is some effect on liquidity coming from CA and increasing the cost of housing to a degree. At this point, OK doesn't have that draw with enough Blue State Conservatives to effect the real estate prices. Positive real estate market forces are causing housing and land to increase significantly and significantly in just about everywhere in the country. Whether you like it or not, what I will bring to OK will far outweigh any preceived negatives you all think a Commiefornian will bring to your state.

I have no doubt, I would rather have of a bunch of Parks 788 here to help squash the liberals already present.

However any increase in demand, especially new demand with a finite supply, creates pressure on prices. Couple that with the market forces mentioned, with record low rates in a real estate market that is cheap comparatively to the rest of the country, and the value of the dollar dropping dramatically, its the perfect storm for real estate. Like I mentioned, my neighbor put his house on the market well over $100K over the 2020 appraised value. First car in the driveway was from Minnesota.

I think people from the blue states are going to be shocked when they get here and see the job market cannot provide the wages they may be used to. This is one reason real estate seems cheap here. The cost of living is low here because wages do not support the higher costs.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The retard-autist storm hasn’t even reached full force yet. Hang onto your hats, because this is continuing to get more and more interesting!

Oh, yeah, now the banks are ratting out each other with lists of other banks that have shorted stock.

The dems project corruption on the conservatives and look at the level that is coming to light with citadel, Robinhood, the press secretary psaki (and the guy at cidtadel with the same last name), the treasury secretary yellen, this is all tied together with a effort to kill the middle class and capitalism. Millennials have been taught to hate banks, that is coming back to bight those liberals who taught them.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
However any increase in demand, especially new demand with a finite supply, creates pressure on prices. Couple that with the market forces mentioned, with record low rates in a real estate market that is cheap comparatively to the rest of the country, and the value of the dollar dropping dramatically, its the perfect storm for real estate.
I know of two homes in the NW OKC area that were listed and sold inside of 48 hours. Sold very close to asking. Maybe there were other factors that played with these sales, but that's fast in my experience.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know of two homes in the NW OKC area that were listed and sold inside of 48 hours. Sold very close to asking. Maybe there were other factors that played with these sales, but that's fast in my experience.
The same thing is going on on Owasso. Desirable houses are on the market a day before they are in pending status. It’s crazy. What is the term, irrational exuberance?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s personal now!

074774A7-F759-4C4B-8B9C-E772855D4893.jpeg

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Robinhood is still severely limiting trading, customers can only buy one share of GameStop
PUBLISHED FRI, JAN 29 20213:11 PM ESTUPDATED FRI, JAN 29 20215:26 PM EST

Maggie Fitzgerald@MKMFITZGERAL
VIDEO00:42
Robinhood limits trades on 50+ stocks, including Beyond Meat, Starbucks
Restrictions on Robinhood traders got tighter throughout the day on Friday, only allowing clients to buy a single share of GameStop.

The stock trading app also expanded its list of restricted stocks from 13 earlier in the day to 50.

“The table below shows the maximum number of shares and options contracts to which you can increase your positions,” Robinhood wrote. CNBC recreated the table.

The restricted list tells clients how many shares and options contracts they can buy pertaining to a particular security. Robinhood customers can only buy one share and up to five options contracts of GameStop; however, if a customer already owns one or more share of GameStop, they are not able to buy any more shares.

Robinhood’s restrictions could take the wind out of point-and-click traders trying to jack up the price of GameStop. Robinhood, however, will not sell any client’s shares of GameStop that are already over the one-share limit from a previous position.

The stock, which closed up 67%, was off its highs of the session as the new more severe limits were implemented. Earlier in the day, clients could buy five shares of GameStop.

The most shares clients could buy of any of the 50 stocks was five. Clients without existing shares can only buy one share and 10 options contracts in AMC Entertainment, which is down from an earlier 115 shares. Shares of AMC Entertainment closed up 53% but also well off their highs of the day. Clients can only buy one share of American Airlines, Bed Bath & Beyond and Koss.

The stock trading app has also expanded its list of restricted stocks. Some of the new names include Advanced Micro Devices, Starbucks, Novavax, General Motors and Beyond Meat.

On Thursday, Robinhood told clients it was only allowed to sell shares, not buy new ones, in certain securities that were garnering social media attention from Reddit crowds. The firm also raised margin requirements, or the amount of money in a client’s account when they will be using leverage to buy a security. Robinhood’s decision was met with outrage, with many users taking their grievance to Twitter.

Robinhood said the trading restrictions were risk management decisions to protect Robinhood and its clearinghouses, but touted that the restrictions would be eased on Friday.

The free trading pioneer raised $1 billion in investor money and tapped more credit lines overnight for its clients to be able to trade names like GameStop and AMC Entertainment on Friday.

However, the restrictions got tighter throughout the trading day, as the list of limited securities grew and the number of shares clients could buy shrunk for certain stocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom